ch 30

I looked at Rachael in disbelief. 

is she right? am I the Blood Luna? I asked my wolf

Yes katy, we are the Blood Luna.  We are called to fight.  its our instict to protect our kind and die doing so.

how do I shift back to human form? I need to talk to rachael. 

my wolf chuckled.  you dont need to shift yet.  just think about talking to rachael and say what you want.  you can speak in each others mind because you are mates. 

that would explain the voice I heard in my head in the bathroom that one day.  I connected eyes with rachael and felt a soft flutter in my stomach as we connected. 

hey I said to rachael. 

she cocked her head and raised an eye brow.  really the first thing you say is hey. 

I laughed/growled at her snide remark. did you know I was the Blood Luna?

she sighed.  No.  I had my suspicions though.  I mean you liked the taste of blood.  it drew you in and fed your inner beast.  only Blood Luna's have that.  Its what makes them such great fighters.  Once they start they dont stop, no matter what.

so I have to be a leader of a war?

Rachael sat across from me and stroked my fur.  yes.  but I and your wolf will help you.  dont worry angel you are in good hands. 

its not me im worried about.  I said nuzzling into her hand. 

she sighed and kissed my head. domt worry about me.  ive been through worse.  Now we can talk about this later but I want to take you on your first hunt.  she said smiling. 

Rachael backed away from me and effortlessly shifted into her wolf.  Her arms and legs elonged and her spine curved.  I saw her skin shift and stretch and hair spurt out everywhere.  Her fangs shot out and her claws sprang free.  She shook her fur and flexed her muscles.  Her huge black wolf stared intensely at me, both our wolves connecting.  I shuttered with pleasure as I caught her scent. 

mate. 

my wolf purred. 

oh no, we arent doing that yet. 

my wolf whimpered. But why? I want to make her mine. 

we will after our hunt.  we can make love to our mate under the blood moon.  I reassured.

rachael seemed to be having the same conversation with her wolf cause she was whimpering also. 

I took a step towards rachael and licked her head.  She pounced on me and nipped at my ear. 

come on child, lets hunt.  I want to show you what we can do.  my wolf said annoyingly. 

I quickly got up and bounded out of the clearing.  The soft flesh of the earth sank between my clawsm. My paws felt the cold wetness of the grass and I loved every feeling of it.  My powerful legs pushed off the ground and the wind whipped through my fur, filling my nostrils with so many scents. 

I heard rachael bounding behind me and yipped at her as she ran alongside me. 

take it down. rachael said in my head. 

before I could ask a scent filled my nostrils.  it overtook everything in my body and my eyes zeroed in on a large deer across a stream. 

let yourself go and let me take over.

my wolf commanded. 

I let my wolf take over and held on for the ride.  My legs took me across the stream.  we jumped and stalked towards the deer. my eyes were locked on its neck.  my nose was close to the ground and I growled threatenly at my prey.  The deer looked and shot off into the brush. 

run fast my friend.  my wolf taunted at the deer. 

We took off at a dead sprint and gained ground on my prey.  I sniffed the air and ran faster.  I could hear the heartbeat of the deer and all I saw was red. 

kill.  thats all I thought.  I wanted meat.  I wanted blood.  I wanted to taste the sweet liquid of that deer. feel its warmth trickle down my throat.  I wanted my claws to sink into my prey, my fangs to tear into the soft flesh. 

I felt my claws sink into something warm.  I whipped the deer down and sank my fangs into its neck.  hot sweet blood trickled down my throat and I growled in pleasure.  slowly my wolf resided back into my mind. 

The adrenaline from the hunt was still coursing through my muscls and I was breathing heavily.

Rachael came up from behind me and licked my ear.  that was awesome.  You took down that deer like it was nothing. 

I let my wolf take over.  she did everything. I said shyly. 

rachael laughed. even as a big bad wolf your adorable.  now lets get shifted back and head back to my spot.

how do I shift back? I asked my wolf. 

think of yourself as human.

I waited for her to say more but she remained silent. 

so I did was she said.  I imaging myself in my human body, I envisioned myself and felt my body tingled.  it started in my fingertips and gradually made its way through the rest of my body until I found myself naked on the forest floor.

"uhh..." I said awkwardly trying to cover up myself. 

Rachael had already shifted and was sitting staring at me. 

"stop staring." I mumbled.  she chuckled and sauntered her naked body over to mine. 

she took me in her arms and nipped at my earlope.  "your beautiful" she whispered. 

I shivered at her words and held onto her tight. 

she kissed my neck softly and sucked at my pulse point.  I moaned and snaked my hands up her back.

"mmm wait angel.  wait till we are safe." 

she took me in her arms and she took off sprinting until we were in her secret little clearing. 

she looked into my eyes and smiled.  "I love you." she said while leaning down and gently kissing my lips.