Chapter 11: No Love In This Club

Start from the beginning

When we pulled up to the club I had a good mind to tell Jinsu to turn around and take me home. There was no way I could go through with this, I refused to. I sent Aria a desperate look, and she returned it with a confused one.

"Um, what's the name of this club?" I asked Jinsu, trying to clue Ari in on why I was so distressed.

"Poison Ivy," he smirked at me. I know he thought it was cute since it was a play on words with my name, but only if he knew the owner was my ex-boyfriend.

I could hear Aria choking in the backseat. Jinsu turned around to ask if she was alright, and she said she needed to step out for air. I took that as an opportunity to step out with her.

"I can't do this," I harshly whispered once we were outside in the night air.

"Yes you can Ivy, you can do this," she coached me.

I shook my head defiantly. "But, I really can't Ari...I can't," I felt tears building up in my eyes once again.

"NO!" Ari shouted. "You are not about to cry over him once again. Are you seriously going to spend your entire life running and hiding from Kellen? You have to live, too Ivy. Pull yourself together, and go in there and have a good night with Jinsu. Besides I haven't met DeMarcus yet." She added with a flip of her hair, and then proceeded to break out into a little twerk in the middle of the parking lot.

I grabbed her arm, and pulled her up in embarrassment. "Could you atleast wait until we get inside?" I smiled, letting her know I was actually going to go through with it.

The grin Aria gave me was as wide as Texas. She tapped on the window to let Jinsu know we were ready, and the three of us made our way inside.

My mouth literally fell to the floor when we stepped inside. Kellen had really outdone himself with this place. The color scheme was black and gold, which I realized were Kellen's favorite colors. Plush black leather couches aligned the walls of the bottom floor of the club, gold ropes sat in front of them, crossing them off for patrons that didn't buy a table. The bar was literally like something out of a magazine, it was color-coordinated and extended all the way to the ceiling. Dancers swayed gracefully from the ceilings being supported by gold chiffon fabric. The top level of the club was entirely see-through. If you looked up hard enough I'm sure you could see underneath the too-short dresses of the females as they bent over dancing wildly. To say I was proud of Kellen was an understatement.

I felt Aria's elbow nudge my side, and I turned to her realizing she was having the same thoughts as me.

"Damn," she said breathlessly. "Kellen really showed out with this one."

I nodded my head in agreement. The club was literally packed wall to wall, and it was only 11:oo.

Jinsu's hand slipped to my lower back, and he began leading us to over to Kellen's elaborate bar. I sat down at one of the empty barstools and took a moment to scan the place. I could lie to myself and say I was trying to scope out the place, but honestly I was looking for Kellen. I hadn't seen him since the day he left me, and I was honestly itching to at least catch a glimpse of him.

"Ivy? Ivy!" I felt someone nudging me.

"Oh huh?" I asked snapping my head in the direction of the voice. Jinsu was staring at me with his eyebrow raised.

"I said what do you want to drink?"

"Oh," I blushed. "Uh, I'll just take a Cosmo."

Jinsu nodded, and motioned for the bartender to come over. He ordered our drinks and turned back toward me.