21 Brendon

It feels weird typing 21 and not twenty one

I'm not surprised when I wake up with a head ache. It's not as bad as my hangovers in the past, but I still want to die with the pounding in my head.

I take a quick shower to get rid of the smell of beer, and then get dressed for the day. When I finally get dressed, I look in my closet and see two pairs of heels.

One of them is Mel's, the other pair is mine.

My feet ache slightly as I remember that Melanie's shoes were a couple sizes smaller. It didn't affect me then, but now it does.

I check the time and realize that I've gotten dressed earlier than usual and have some extra time. I smirk as I slip on my heels.

Mom is off on a business trip so I can walk around in the heels all I want. I feel comfortable in the heels. As if I'm free. I blame Ryan for my obsession with heels.

I remember it was about two years ago. The beginning of sophomore year, just another sleep over with my only friend.

"Okay I'll be back boys,"  Ryan's mom calls out to us as she walks out the door. She was in a sparkly blue dress and black high heels, ready to go to a business party. I couldn't help but admire her outfit. It was just so perfect.

"Okay mom whatever love you." Ryan was playing video games and not paying attention to the outfit unlike me. His mom sighed and walked out.

I turned back to Ryan and watched the TV screen as he tried to kick Bowser's ass in Mario Kart. "Your mom looks stunning." I smile widely. Ryan raises an eyebrow and looks at me.

"Really?  She looked alright." He shrugged. I didn't understand why I was so interested in the outfit but Ryan could care less.

"Ryan," I take a deep breath. "You won't laugh at whatever I say right?" Ryan paused his game and turned to me.

"Of course I won't laugh. Dude, what's up?" I bite my lip and try to figure out how to word what I'm feeling.

"I like fashion...and sometimes I wish I could wear dresses and heels and make up. But I'm not a girl. I know for a fact I am a boy." Ryan nodded and bit his lip.

"You know what? There's this thing I saw on TV," He grabbed his laptop which was write next to him and searched up something. "These, are called drag queens."

I shot him a confused look."Explain Ross."

He shrugged. "They are guys who dress up like women and preform. Not sure if that's the exact definition but it kind of sounded like what you said." I stole the computer from him and started doing research.

Later that night, Ryan helped me get into a dress. And we also watched a video on how to properly walk in heels and I practiced all night.

I'm happy I have a supportive friend like Ryan.

My phone buzzed.

Rossinator: Hey bitch I'm picking you up in 10