4. Tell Me A Lie

Recap: ...as Liam observed closer, he noticed that something was different. Niall was wary. Suddenly, he wasn't sure if Niall was pretending anymore. "W-what do you mean?"

Niall watched the boy who stood there looking at him with confusion and hurt. It looked as if though Niall's words had knocked the air right out of the boy's lungs. Niall began to feel a bit nervous as the silence stretched on. He wasn't sure what to say, but he felt horribly wrong with this picture.

"Niall...?"

Niall sucked in a breath. The boy's voice was shaky, almost filled with that unmistakable fear. "I-I don't understand... What- What's going on?" Niall shook his head, "I'm sorry I- I don't know..." Niall felt the hot tears prepared to escape at any second. The longer he tried to figure it out and understand who the brown-haired boy was, the more panicked he became. The more confused and unsure of where he was or who he was... It was such a big mess, a mess of nothing.

The door opened, bringing with it the low whispers of Niall's parents. Liam shook his head, turning sharply, leaving the room. 

Niall didn't remember him... He didn't remember...

Liam didn't know where he was going. He couldn't see anything because of the thoughts running again and again in his mind. The images that were breaking his heart now more than giving him joy. Each moment he had spent with Niall in his life seemed to be all in vain.

Liam didn't know when he started to run. He didn't even know if he realized that it was raining out. Liam was simply unaware of his surroundings. He was lost.

"Mister? Hey, are you okay?" Liam heard a far-off distant voice calling out. He started to come through. He felt the cold, wet, and his clothes felt heaving as they stuck to his skin. Water was dripping in his eyes from his hair, the smell of vomit was circling in the ice, cold air. Am I sick? Liam laughed. Of course, you're sick, stupid. "Somebody help! Here, I'll bring ya' to the hospital." He felt a pair of hands grab hold of his arm. Once he felt himself on his feet, he looked at the stranger.

"No.." He muttered. But she wouldn't let go, "No!" He twisted out of her grasp only to realize that there was a male there as well.

He took a step closer to Liam, "Son, let us help you."

Liam took a step back, shaking his head. The last thing he remembered was them standing there, the woman frantically talking to someone on the phone, as the guy rushed towards him, trying to catch him before Liam hit the ground.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Liam nodded at the doctor as he talked. His mother was at his side of the bed; her handheld his tightly.

"Do you still want to continue with the treatment?"

Liam gulped on nothing. He met his mothers' eyes, his heart wrenching inside of him. Liam could only nod in response to the docs' questions. Whatever the doctor said next was beyond Liam as he stared out the window. His hand was numb and filled with pins and needles due to his mother's iron grip hold.

He didn't realize when the doctor left, nor did he really comprehend when his mother got up to go phone his father. He closed his eyes, feeling like absolute shit. If he hadn't run... If he had just stayed at the hospital, he wouldn't be trapped right now. The past few days went by with him not leaving to see Niall. Liam wondered if Niall remembered him yet. He asked what Niall did remember and what he did not.

He's brought out of his thoughts with someone clearing their throat. But even before Liam could look to see who it was, he already knew that it was Niall. He would always know when the one he loved was near.