Death to the Monarchs

Hi :) what's up, guys? I'm sorry I haven't updated in some time, but school has been driving me CRAZY! Thanks for waiting and reading. Review and like 😉

'Something happened. Everyone's fine, don't worry, but can you come to the un-Charming's apartment so we can explain?' That had been his text. He couldn't help the small quirk of his lips at Regina's name for the Charmings, that little name-calling from Regina let him know that everything was quite alright.

He and Roland had been living with Henry and Regina in the mansion for quite a while, and Robin; being the honorable man that the was, insisted that he helped pay the bills. So he went around looking for a job and finally found one that he quite liked. So now, he worked at the dog shelter. He helped feed and wash the dogs, he even helped when they were injured. They were mostly scraps and small things like that, but he liked it. And it payed! But it was kind of uncomfortable for him since it would be like Regina was paying him since she was the Mayor.

His mind was racing with all the possible scenarios of what could have happened that his mind could come up with.  The outlaw looked at his phone once again, thinking mostly about his family.

'I'll be there.' Was what he sent. No room for discussion or hesitation. He looked at the time and there was only half an hour before it was Robin's time to leave the shelter. Perhaps he could leave a bit earlier today, all he had to do was ask his boss.

After only seven minutes a talk with the boss, Robin was making his way to Snow and Charming's apartment. It wasn't long before  he was standing outside the weak wooden door. It looked kind of odd, as if someone had kicked and hadn't fully managed to kick if off its hinges.
With a sense of dread, he knocked loudly on the door. No matter how worried he was, he was nit about to barge into someone else's house when he had been told that everything was alright, was he?

In just a few seconds, David opened the door. The prince looked tired but he was smiling.
"Hey Robin! Come in!" The Charming man greeted.
Robin smiled softly, all negative vibes leaving his body. If something was wrong David wouldn't have been smiling, right? Robin was sure that the prince wasn't that insane. Was he?
As Robin stepped in, all his worries dissipated into thin air. His son, Roland, was sitting on Regina's lap, Henry was to Regina's left, leaning on her and to his left Emma was sitting with Snow White on Regina's right. Regina and Henry were leaning on the front of the couch and together they had made a circle and cards were scrambled in the middle.
Everyone seemed unharmed, and they were even smiling.
He walked towards his son and his lover and soon he was crouching down and kissing both of their foreheads before fist-bumping Henry and greeting Emma and Snow with a smile and a nod.

"So, what happened?"
After an exhausting recounting of prior events, Robin got a feeling that they weren't telling him something. That there was something missing.
A secret.
They were keeping something.

"What are you not telling me?" He trusted Regina and he trusted the Charmings, but he didn't trust them with her life. He liked Snow White, but the princess could be selfish on most times and the David would just go along with his wife. But he trusted Emma. Emma would do whatever it took to save Regina and everybody else.

The people in the room exchanged glances with one another, but his focus was solely on the one person that held his heart. The probably, most powerful magical being in the whole world and Enchanted Forest.
"I have to meet with Leopold and we're going to settle this down."

Silence.

***

That day, Belle had gone into the shop. Her and Rumple hadn't talked about their relationship, but she lived him and even though he showed it the wrong ways, Belle was sure that the former Dark One loved her too. Rumple, no matter how much she loved him, was a liar. He lied through his teeth and to everyone's faces. Including hers. Mostly hers.