The Protector

"Step away from my family!" Regina yelled.

She was angry, now. Worse than angry, she was pissed off. And a pissed off Regina was not good news; for Leopold at least. She had had it with this man, he stole her dagger, ordered her around, threatened her son, her family and now he was trying to kill them? Hell no.

Unacceptable.

Leopold turned to look at the new comer "What are you doing here?" He sneered. In a flash, Regina was in front of him, from his mouth escaped a small undignified yelp. Regina's right hand grabbed Leopold's, the hand that he used to hurt Emma and she turned the King's hand away from the blonde as her own hand crackled with white magic, her eyes motioned towards David and he dropped to the ground inhaling as much air as he could as Snow moved towards him.
Next, she looked at Leopold dead in the eyes. Her dark eyes blazing with rage, no one touched the people she loved and got away with it. Using the contact she had with the man, she sent a pulse of light magic into him that burned him from the inside out. He was shaking now and with her eyes, Regina once again motioned to Henry and Roland and their bonds disappeared, she signaled for Henry to take Roland and stay with Snow and David.

"I told you not to go after my family, specially Snow" Regina growled in a low voice.
Leopold smirked, "Snow is not your family as far as I know".
For a moment, Regina thought about the repercussions that her next words would have, but she would say them anyways, "Snow is my daughter, those are my children and they are my family" she said through gritted teeth as she and Leopold battled with the magic inside their bodies.

Snow was crying with a shocked expression on her face, Regina... She had called her, Snow White, her daughter.

The current Dark One wanted to laugh at Leopold's dumbfounded expression, he hadn't been expecting Regina of all people to say that.
Regina knew they had to end the little showdown, she had to see to Emma and her children. "Lets end this once and for all, Leopold"
"I couldn't agree more!" He roared as his smile turned evil, "I will meet you at the beach at dawn" he said as smoke engulfed him and Regina felt his presence dissipate. She sighed in relief, her body had been straining greatly, she was aching to use dark magic, it was like a lullaby to her, it was calling her. As if begging her  to use it.

Regina sagged slightly but immediately pushed herself up and walked towards Emma. The blonde had her eyes closed and black tendrils were coming out of her chest. The brunette dropped next to the blonde and her hand hovered over Emma's chest. She heard shuffling as Snow, David, Henry and Roland walked over to her and knelt next to them.
"Mom, what's wrong with Ma?" Henry asked.
Regina looked him over and sighed, "He forced dark magic into her" she replied. Nothing too serious thankfully, Regina was sure that she could fix Emma.
"Can you help her?" David asked.
Regina nodded, looking at him, "I can, but you have to trust me" she replied, her eyes traveling back and forth between her daught-Snow and David. As if looking for confirmation.
They both nodded and Snow's hand landed on Regina's shoulder, tears still falling from her green eyes, "I-we trust you" she whispered.
Regina took a deep breath and put her right hand over Emma's heart. Slowly, she started pulling the dark magic from the blonde as the black tendril slipped away from Emma and traveled into Regina's hand and wrist disappearing under her coat. As her arm trembled slightly and the brunette sorceress flinched; her left hand joined the right one, but the left hand flared a white glow that was absorbed under Emma's skin and her normally chocolate brown eyes turned purple with small white highlights.

Emma gasped as her eyes flew open, her instincts kicking in and pushing the person over her, away. 
She looked around and took a few moments to regain her bearings.
Regina was sitting on the floor, her legs thrown in front of her. Her parents were holding Regina's back and that made Emma realize that Regina had been the one that was over Emma, the one that she pushed away.
She looked at her parents, her son, Roland and finally at Regina, "What happened?" She asked.
Everyone looked over at Regina for her to explain.
She lifted both hands into the air as if making an 'I'm-innocent-don't-look-at-me' sign, "Hey, I came in after Emma was down. You tell her what happened".