Another Point of View

Hey! I was thinking about leaving some crazy family anecdotes as an intro... Most people like that kind of crazy stories. Tell me in the comments what do you think! Can you believe that I'm actually writing this from the bathroom? O.o [way too much info].

Emma stopped her car at Gold's shop once again. This time, they were ready. Emma was going to help Regina in any way she could so they could prevent her from coming out again.

The brunette took a deep breath and opened her door and gracefully slid out of the yellow thing the blonde dared car. For Regina it was a simple coffin on wheels, it didn't provide the kind of security that Regina's Mercedes did. She missed her car, she was not really a person to care for material things, but her car was a thing she appreciated. Emma met her at the other side of the yellow bug and together they marched towards the door. Their stride confident and with their heads held high. The Savior opened the door and allowed Regina to go in before herself, the bell of the door ringed on Regina's head making it throb.

Belle came from the room behind the shop with a smile on her face as she walked to the counter, "Can I help you?" she asked.

Emma opened her mouth but Regina spoke before she did.

"We need to talk to Rumple" her voice soft since she had no quarrel with the bookworm, the brunette actually found the blue eyed librarian very useful. Belle knew about magic much more than anyone else in the town, except for Regina and Rumpelstiltskin. They were the magic experts, the old man more than Regina since he had been the Dark One before her and he had lived for centuries.

Belle nodded with a serious look on her face and called for the man. Emma decided to keep her eyes on Regina as she could not help but wonder if the brunette had been bothered at all by what Gold had told her the last time they had been inside the shop. She looked at Regina closely, her back was as straight as always, perhaps a little bit too rigid. Her shoulders hunched slightly, the brunette is tired, and by the way she squinted her eyes, Emma could tell that she had a headache. The blonde had seen Regina rubbing her head at the woods and she figured it was because of what Emma asked her to do. On that note, the Savior felt kind of bad, at least it was something that anyone could stand- she hoped.

The curtain separating the front of the shop from the back swayed when Rumplestiltskin and Belle walked through it. His wrinkled face showed signs of annoyance, probably because he was disturbed and Belle was looking slightly worried. If Emma had to guess, it was because when Regina and Emma came into the shop, nothing good was to be expected.
"What can I help you with, dearies?" The imp asked. His usual façade back in place.
This time, Emma was the one asking questions, "Do you know where the dagger is?"
The man'a eyebrows rose, Belle's jaw fell a little. If they came asking for the dagger, it meant that they didn't know where it was. So it was missing. And if anyone had the dagger, they could control who could possibly be the most powerful Dark One to have ever existed.

#

Leopold took a deep breath, a huge grin plastered on his face as his right hand disappeared under his cloak. His fingers grazed a cool, sharp edge. His grin showed yellow but straight teeth and lifted cracked, thin lips. With the tip of his fingers he traced the cool metal until he found the hilt. Unhooking the object from his pants, he brought it towards his face once it was in front of him, the former king took a moment to appreciate the name imprinted it the cool metal.
Regina Mills.

With his gaze never wandering from the dagger, he lifted his left hand and with a hum, burgundy magic in the form of smoke encased the cursed object and it made a hissing noise before smoke disappeared, leaving behind only a shimmer, the same color as the smoke, surrounding the dagger.
"Ah, my dear Regina, this will keep you from your precious dagger. How I have longed to make use of this and have you under my control. But not yet, not yet".

#

"You lost it?" Rumple asked, his face serious but his voice screamed mockery.
"We didn't lose it. We just don't know where it is!" Emma argued. In truth they had not lost it. To lose something you've got to have it first, and in their case, they never did. They were too preoccupied with the darkness and Regina and then Emma and then Regina again. Too much had happened then to care about the dagger.

The man raised his eyebrow at Emma and then looked at his former student, "After all this time I would have thought that you knew that you cannot be away from your dagger while being the Dark One, dearie".
Regina scoffed, "Excuse me for not really care about a piece of engraved metal when I got my magic messed with and took up being the Dark One!" Her sarcasm was evident. She knew that Gold knew what had happened, he knew how it felt to have the darkness surround you and pull at your insides. Her old teacher was simply messing with her, she knew that. So she kept their all-time banter the same as ever. She even learned to use her sarcasm from that man.

Seeing as the man was about to talk, Regina interrupted him, "Can you just tell me how to call to it?" She asked. Almost exasperated. Almost.

"Back to being my student again, dearie?" The imp asked with his usual glint. All three women glared at him and he dropped his act.
He motioned for Regina to follow him into the back of the room, but for the other two women to stay where they where.
He signaled for Regina to take one chair and he took up the one across from her.
"Do you remember, when I was teaching you to call things to yourself?" Seeing as she nodded, he continued, "You've got the same case. Imagine the dagger, feel the dagger and make it come to you".
She extended her hand, and as she had so many times before, concentrating on her dagger. After a few silent moments, Regina looked at her former teacher, "It is not working".
He looked at her, "I do know that you are imaging it right, just like you always did... But what kind of magic are you using?" He asked, curiously.
"The Dark One's magic..." She whispered. She knew that to call forth the dagger, you had to use it's magic. They were linked.

"Are you sure?".
"Yes. I know how to call forward different kinds of magic, I've been doing it for a long time".
Silence.
Remote and thoughtful silence.

"Then I'm afraid that I don't know" he said in a low voice as one of his hands reached for one of hers. "I'm sorry" he said. They always had this strange bond, rarely had they shown their truthful emotions.

Well, that was it! I'm sorry I took so long and I understand if you want an explanation. I hope you liked the chapter, and if you wanna contact me, my info is in my bio.