The Portal

Heya! I'm so sorry for not posting before. HAPPY NEW YEAR PEEPS! Also, today's my sister's B-Day, soy Cami, if you see this, I love you :)
Thanks to LPB2015  this chapter was written today, it's not like she threatened to kill me or anything... Heh *sweatdrops*

Regina has stayed inside her office for five hours. Working through all her paperwork without breaks. Even though she would not admit it to anyone, she loved being Mayor, of course, like everything the job had its ups and downs. It's not like she hated paperwork, she just didn't like writing reports and letter and reading and making and signing papers for overly long periods of time. She felt a small headache pounding in her headache. Regina had to smile, she had cleared a lot of papers from her desk, today was a good day's work. Of course, she still would have to take some papers home and work from home, like most times. She looked at the time, the clock read 13:17.
The brunette sighed, she had to check out this portal opening in the woods. Somehow the thought worried her. A portal that had spontaneously opened, and a cloaked figure coming through. Regina grabbed her cellphone and scrolled until she found Emma's number and opened up their texts.
She started typing, 'Miss Swan, I am finished at work. Are you ready to inspect the woods?' And pressed send. The reply was instant, as if the blonde had been waiting for her text or call.
'Let's ride together. I'll be there in 3'.
Regina put her phone down, and organized her already perfect dark-wood desk. She decided that she'd send Robin a message so she started typing a message to her outlaw, 'I'm going with Ms. Swan to the woods'.
She got an immediate response, 'Sure. Everything ok?'
'Yes, Emma wants to check something there. See you back at home?'
'Certainly! Dinner at 6?'
Regina smiled, 'Yes. What should I make?'
'I don't know. I'd say lets ask the children, but we know what their answers will be'.
Regina laughed quietly, 'True. How about chicken parmesan?'
The brunette received a message agreeing with the dinner choice and to be careful with Emma.

"Regina?" Came someone's voice through the brunette's door.
Regina snapped her head in that direction and saw the Savior. "Shall we go?" Asked Regina as she stood up and walked towards the door, towards Emma.  The blonde nodded and let Regina lead the way to the entrance of the building.

"Can we just go in my car?" Asked the blonde.
Regina grumbled a little about a horrid yellow, tin can of death that would probably be her coffin. Emma found it strange that Regina had pretty much accepted to ride in Emma's car without any real complaints.
Regina opened the passenger door and got in as Emma did the same on the driver's door. The blonde started the car, an soft music played in her radio from the first time the brunette had been there since she became it.
Emma pulled up into the street and continued driving in the direction of the woods.
Suddenly she had an idea, "Do you wanna eat something?" She asked and looked briefly at her companion before her eyes turned to the road again just in time to see Regina raise an eyebrow in mock question. Emma simply took it as an affirmative to her question.
"Granny's?" She asked again. Regina simply hummed.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Emma wondered.
"What is there to talk about?" Asked Regina.
Emma sighed, this was not going to be easy, "What happened yesterday with Gold" and she didn't have to say any further. Emma knew that Regina and Gold, they had an awkward relationship. Most of the time, they were at each other's throats, but Emma remembered the first time Robin had to leave with 'Mariam' and Roland. Regina had been crushed, but she hadn't let other people see it, but it was in her eyes, the rich and beautiful brown orbs were full of pain from a lost lover and betrayal. Because one way or another Emma had betrayed her by bringing her back. That time, many people had seen Regina enter her car after saying goodbye to the outlaw, and Gold appearing, 'poofing' there and hold her hand the way a father would. Both of them had different roles. It seemed like whenever they were alone they assumed their father-daughter role, but when they were with other people, they mostly used their sarcasm and selfishness to distract others. It worked, most times.
Maybe Regina and Rumpelstiltskin wouldn't admit it to themselves, but they surely cared for each other no matter how much they denied it.
"What is there to talk about? It is not like I remember all of it" replied Regina tight lipped.
Emma's eyebrows sky rocketed, "You don't?" She asked in plain surprise. After what had happened, Regina had seemed pretty collected for someone who had gone though what she did, so the Savior just assumed that she knew about everything that had happened.
Regina nodded softly.
"What do you remember? Maybe I can fill in the blanks or something".
Regina took a deep breath, "Well, I remember that we went in and-and I lost it. I don't know what happened after my body was... Taken over. But I know that I hear him say it and I snapped back. Then I'm on the floor and you're with me".
Emma nodded,"After you were...y'know, you attacked both Belle and me because we wouldn't let you get to Gold, and you pretty much wiped the floors with mine, Belle's and Gold's ass" she joked.
Regina smiled slightly at Emma's try of a joke, and smiled fully when she saw Emma's full blown childish grin that reminded her so much of Henry.
Emma pulled over at Granny's and opened gazed at her companion, "Ready to go?" She asked. Regina nodded and got out of the car while Emma did the same.
The blonde opened the door for Regina and the bell chimed signaling their entrance. Almost everyone turned their heads at the sight of their Saviors coming in. All of them had heard about what had happened at the Pawn Shop. Some of them where shocked after hearing about the events, some of them might have expected it. After all, Regina and Rumpel where similar, but it could be the way they were brought up with the Dark One being the Queen's teacher and all. After all, Rumpel had been the one that had passed Regina to the darkness with the knowledge that she would be the one to activate his curse.
Emma and Regina voided the stares and simply on the booth of Granny's, when the older woman behind the counter saw them, she smiled. Eugenia walked towards them both, "What can I serve you ladies?" She asked with her sweet and funny voice. Regina was mildly surprised about the older werewolf's greeting, she had expected the same old, gruffly voice.

"I want a burger with fries and a banana smoothie" said Emma before she looked at Regina, awaiting to hear what she wanted to order.
"I'll take a chicken wrap with a strawberry smoothie".
Eugenia smiled at Regina one more time before going into the kitchen to complete the orders. Believe it or not, the older woman liked Regina very much when she was not being evil. Regina was incredibly smart and strong, independent, loyal and reliable with those whom she loved. Everything anyone would want in a friend.

Emma and Regina engaged in small talk, mostly the Sheriff telling the Mayor how she had yet again to chase Pongo through the many backyards and jump through the many fences. Regina made comments on how she should tell Archie to have his dog either trained, or on a leash, but then took that back seeing that it was what Emma did almost all day. A Sheriff with nothing to do? Not a good thing for the Mayor.

"Here" said Granny as she came in behind the counter with two plates of food, one in each hand. Emma and Regina both thanked her and the old woman excused herself as she went to fetch the smoothies.
Half an hour later, Emma insisted that she pay all the food since she had invited Regina and they were on their way again to the woods.
The blonde Savior had parked her yellow car at the beginning of the woods, that was as far as her car could get so she and Regina walked the rest of the way.

It was a few hundred meters into the forest and Emma suddenly stopped, "I think it was around here" and she looked at Regina.
The brunette took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Emma could see the faint light purple shade from Regina's eyes and became slightly nervous. Not for herself or because she didn't trust Regina using magic, but because she didn't know if they were opening up the chance for the Dark One to take over.
Regina's eyes snapped open, "You were right, a portal was opened here. Only one person came through" she said.
Emma raised her eyebrows "How do you know that?"
"I could always sense magic, but now, I can identify it" sighed Regina. She really did not want to talk about it, better said, she didn't want to explain it.
Emma had an idea, "Regina, Gold had premonitions when he was the Dark One. Can you do that and be able to tell who came through?" She asked. In all truth, she wanted the brunette to be able to tell, but she was still not sure what kind of effect it would have on her.
"While that is true, I am fairly new to this new...magic. So if I can figure put how to do this I'm sure I'll be able to tell you who came through the portal".
"Can you try? Like, now?" Emma asked sheepishly.

Hey people! I'm in Orlando! Come visit me! Tomorrow I'm going to Magic Kingdom yet again :) I hope that you liked this chapter. Please review and like! Some of you have privately asked for my Snapchat so I'll leave it here: wickedravenn