Chapter 22- For The Best

Hey guys I got my writing back so I published the REAL chapter of this and it is different so pls read!!

Peeta's POV

I decide to just let Katniss be alone for a couple of minuets because she stopped breaking stuff right now. I walk back down stairs and decide to do the dishes and then I hear another loud crash like I heard earlier. I walk up the stairs and I fling the door open. Katniss just threw a huge case at the wall and is grabbing more to throw.

"Katniss stop!" I yell but she just ignores me, and she ends up throwing it. I go over to her and pick her up from running and that. She is kicking and screaming to try to get out of my grip but it is to strong. She then breaks down and falls to the floor. She looks at me in the eyes with tears forming in hers.

"Peeta I miss Prim." She said.

"I know you do Katniss. I know. Prim is in a better place right now with the rest of your family and I know she is being takin care of. Okay?" I say.

"Okay, thanks Peeta." She says back softly.

"Sure anytime." I say.

When Katniss is just sitting there on the floor I decide to grab a a broom. I walk over to the broken vase pieces and clean them up. I put them in piles and then I throw the broken pieces away so no one will get hurt from them. I go downstairs and it is lunchtime. Katniss is not n the is room anymore so I go downstairs to see where she is, and sure enough she is in the dining room waiting for food. I find it really cute. It is silence so I decide to ask Katniss what she wants to eat for lunch today.

"Hey, what do you want for lunch today?" I ask.

"Hmmmm....." She says and then a huge grin shows up on her face. Then she adds on "CHEESE BUNS!" She screams in an excited way.

"Okay Katniss, but in order to have cheese buns you have to help out with the ingredients." I say back.

Then her smile drops. "Peeta you know that I cannot bake!" She says with anger.

"I am not asking you to bake, I am asking you to get the ingredients in order to have cheese buns." I say back with a small chuckle.

"Fine! Tell me the ingredients." She replies stubbornly. I tell Katniss the ingredients and what measuring stuff I need. She gets the ingredients and the measuring cups and sits down to watch me make them.

Time skip 15 minutes

"They are done Katniss!" I yell. She turns off the TV and runs right over I the table and takes one and stuffs it in her mouth. How cute. I sit down with her and have a couple of the chess buns I made while I watch Katniss eat them. Uh oh I am starting to get a head headache. It is a flashback.

Katniss's POV

I see Peeta holding his head. He is staring to have another flashback.

"KATNISS RUN! I DO NOT WANT TO HURT YOU!" Peeta yells.

I just sit there. We said always. Then Peeta gets up with dark eyes and I put my hands on his face.

"Peeta will you stay with me?" I ask. He thinks for a second for what he is about to say.

"Never." He says and the pushes my into a vase.

I am sobbing the hardest I ever could in my entire life. He said never. I feel blood trickling down my back from the vase pieces going into my back. It hurts so bad. Then Peeta starts to walk over to me with dark eyes but then they return light blue (his normal color) when he reaches me. Then he goes on the floor right away and asks me everything.

"Katniss what did I do?!" He yells.

"Well you pushed me into the wall and there are vase pieces in my back and I am bleeding." I say still crying hard.

"Does it hurt that much?" He asks because I am crying a a lot.

"No it does not. But your words hurt me more." I say staring to sin more and more.

"What did Peeta mutt say Katniss?!" He asks in a worried tone.

"I asked you to stay with me and you said n-ne-n-never!" I yell and then the tears come poring out. I look at Peeta's face and it looks sad. Peeta starts crying too. Peeta gets up and goes to our room and I just stay were I am. He comes back down with a suitcase with all of his stuff in it. He is about to open the door but I say something.

"Peeta, where are you going?" I ask in between sniffles.

"Listen Katniss, I am going to go live with Haymitch now because I do not want to hurt you again. I will still come over everyday and we will stay in contact. I do not want to do this Katniss but I think it is best. I am sorry." He says then he leaves before I get to give him a hug.

My whole world just fell apart. It is not the best for us like he said. I get up and brake some things and I open up a drawer to et my pj's and I see that Peeta left one of his shirts here so I take and put it on with some pants. I decide to lay down in my bed all day and do nothing.

Peeta's POV

I am walking over to Haymitch's house with is right next to Katniss's house. He knows that I am coming. When I get there I open the door and Haymitch is sleeping to I go upstairs and get settled. I feel bad for leaving Katniss but I did the right thing. I unpack my stuff and then I get into my pj's and text Katniss for what time we should meet tomorrow.

Peeta(me): Hey Katniss what time would you like to hangout tomorrow? I press the send button.

I check my phone 15 minutes later and she did not respond. She might be sleeping.

Katniss's POV

I get Peeta's text and look at it. I decide not to answer it though.