Fight For Your Right (Chap. 7)

Chapter 7

~~~Lily's P.O.V. ~~~

"Again," my father screamed for the tenth time, "get up." And when I didn't, he said, "You are weak, worthless. Get up!"

I grimaced and got back up from the floor and wiped the blood from my face. My father and I were sparing again and he wasn't holding back much on his hits. Thank god that Derek still wasn't here yet. If I was lucky, he wouldn't show up at all.

I was starting to get very angry now. I threw punch after punch at a speed that surprised me. He was only able to block the first four before I landed the next ten on him, he stumbled back. I didn't even give him the time to recover, I hit him again, this time a kick in the stomach with all the power that I had left; which, admittedly, would have been nothing if I wasn't so fueled by my anger.

I hit him and he hit the wall, but I was the one to hit the floor. "Get up!" my father screamed at me, when I didn't, he looked down at me and hissed, "You are worthless. You have the power, the knowledge, but you are too weak to use it, you will never amount to anything."

I heard frantic flapping at the window and I figured wit some distance part of my mind that wasn't focused on the pain that Derek had gotten here. I didn't really focus on it. "You will never be strong," my father said continuing with his rant. "I guess that means you will never win the Street Fighting Tournament so you will never be able to quite fighting as you so wish," he laughed. That bastard!

I couldn't comment, I was too busy on the ground, coughing out my own blood. I had bruises all over my body and I could barley move my own limbs. I was also fighting to stay conscious.

"Do The Drill fifty times for each side. Do not come up until you finish," my father said and walked back up the stairs without a backwards glance.

I could hear Derek's outraged squawks coming from behind the closed window to the workout room. I wouldn't open it, and I knew he couldn't as to the fact that he was currently shifted into his raven form. I was going to finish what my father told me and I knew Derek wouldn't allow me to do that.

I wiped the blood off of my mouth and tried to swallow the rest that was in my mouth. God I hated blood, especially when you were coughing it up. I stood up shakily and turned up the music on the stereo so that I could drown both my pain and Derek's futile attempts to get me to let him in.

I lost myself in the upbeat music as I did The Drill. It was so engrained in me that I didn't need to truly concentrate. All I was aware of beside the music was the black dots in my vision, the screaming in my muscles, the number I was on, and Derek's frantic voice coming from somewhere in the back of my mind form the soul link that we shared.

100. I fell towards the wall and used the last of the strength I had to open up the window. I sank gratefully to the ground.

"Lily," Derek demanded, "are you alright?"

When did he shift back? My brain though fuzzily, then I felt his arms around me and I let the darkness take me.

~~~Derek's P.O.V. ~~~

I am going to kill him! Was the only thought that ran through my mind as I watched Lily's father scream at her as she was on the floor coughing up blood.

He barked out a final order to her and he left the room. That caused me to snap more than I already had. I made the loudest noises that I possibly could as a raven but he didn't even seem to notice.

I could tell that Lily did though, he body tensed and she turned her head away from me. She was trying to hide her bruises from me. My blood turned cold. I would kill him! But Lily needed me now so I would stay, that and I heard the garage shut and his engine rev as he sped away down the street. Coward.