The hidden truth of Number 11. (I am number four)

SPOILER ALERT! If you have not read the books, I advise you not to read my new fan fiction. A lot of the facts in this fanfic are based on the books. So if you read this, it has all come from my imagination. Do not think of it as the real books. DON'T GET CONFUSED between my book and Pittacus Lore's books. Thank you for your consideration.

*****

The remaining Loric left on Earth have slowly been gathering. I'm not sure if all of the Loric are together, but I do know that a few of them have found each other. I know they have encountered the Mogadorians many times, even Setrakus Ra. What the remaining Loric don't realise though is the elders didn't just choose 10 future elders. They actually chose 12. I am number 11, Twelve and I came to Earth together. I'm still not sure if Twelve is still alive though. I don't remember much. I was still quite young on the day the Mogadorians attacked Lorien, Twelve and I were taken to a science lab, far away from the city. They placed both of us in a small silver capsule headed for Earth, along with our wooden chests. When we finally arrived on Earth... I don't remember much but from memory we ditched the capsule - buried it I think. We were only very young. I was only 8 years old when Twelve and I arrived on Earth, Twelve was 10. At that age not many kids know how to take care of themselves, and we were two of those kids. No Cepan to guide us, either. We were about as lost as we could possibly be. So, we were left to fend for ourselves. Once we buried the capsule, we headed out of the forest from which we'd landed - in search of civilisation.

We eventually found a small town, and figured out that we had landed in a reasonably small continent called Australia. I remember adults talking to us; asking us questions. Eventually we were taken to a small home with a lot of other little kids. The people who ran the home called it an orphanage - which I now know is a place for children who have no parents. Technically they were right – we didn't have parents - but it wasn't because they'd abandoned us. It was because they were murdered by a vicious alien species: Mogadorians, from the planet Mogadore. Mogadorians think they can just take planets by force for what they call 'The Great Expansion'. The basic idea is that they invade foreign planets, figure out their weaknesses and then kill off everything that is alive.  They don't use the planet once everything is dead. Take Lorien for example.

The Loric people were living happy, prosperous lives. Living with all the love and peace that you could imagine. That was up until the Mogadorians invaded our planet and killed everyone. Now Lorien is just a barren waste land. Dark, no colour left in my once lively, beautiful home.

Twelve and I lived in the orphanage for a few years. When he turned 14 - I was 12 at the time - we ran away from the home that was given to us. A home in which we received no help that we required. No one could understand us there. Why we grew faster and prouder, our skin holding a slight warm glow that was seem any human had been birthed into a tanned environment.

Sure we could survive together, we could fend off the land and anything. In our teens we were already stronger than the average 18 year old. That was before we had even received any of our legacies bestowed by our home land. Another year passed and we eventually bought ourselves a small home, living off odd jobs and using our savings and gifts from Lorien to get by. We lived in that small house for a while, surviving, undetected by the Mogadorians.

The good thing about Twelve and I is that the Mogadorians didn't know we existed. They still don't. Still, the Loric don't know about us either. We weren't put into the charm, so if the Mogadorians do find us... we'll be dead. But I guess the charm doesn't even matter now, considering they're all coming together. Although that is what I have assumed from the amount of unexplained activity that has been broadcasted on the news.

I would like to say that Twelve and I are still together, but we're not. We went our separate ways a few years ago. I've been on my own ever since. I have slowly been developing my legacies. My first legacy I ever got was Foresight, meaning I can see the future. A few years ago now, so back when I was about 15 and he would have been 17. Twelve and I left Australia to search the world for the other Loric,  the quest we had put upon ourselves failed so we returned back to Australia.  While we were away, we were venturing all over India, and I saw images in my head. Some were of fights, some of death, but some were happy. We found a cave - a Loric cave - in the Himalayas.  I was in one of the corners of that ancient Loric cave that had situated itself in the Himalayas, when the images started to broadcast in front of my eyes. I drew as much as I could remember on the wall. 

I don't remember them too well now, but one of them was definitely a fight with a raven-haired girl and a blonde haired boy - they were teamed up, fighting a small clan of Mogadorians. The other I remember is of a shaggy, brown-haired boy being stabbed by a glowing sword. I know there was more than that; I drew them all on the wall. I don't remember the other images though. Maybe I'll go back there someday, but I doubt it.

 Twelve was there for my first legacy - he experienced one about a month or two before I got my first - but about 3 months after that, we separated. I hope he's okay. When we were together, we shared something - something deep. He was the only person I felt I could trust. I guess he was also the only other person I knew that was Loric, so that's understandable. I'm not sure where he went after we separated, but I know he was headed in the direction of North America. I, on the other hand, am still stuck in Australia.

I guess I can travel from country to country pretty easily, because my second legacy was a strong one - I have the ability to fly. I can almost fly as fast as a jet now, but I'm still learning to control it. It was nothing compared to how it appeared. I was in a restaurant eating a meal, and all of a sudden I started to hover very lightly above my seat. I didn't even notice; it still felt like I was sitting. I could still feel the pressure of the chair on my backside, yet there I was literally floating off the seat.

One of the other customers strolling past me happened to look at me. He saw I wasn't sitting, I assume, but I'm pretty sure he thought my feet were on the ground, even though they weren't. They were also floating above the floor. Funnily enough, at that moment I happened to be reading an aeroplane magazine. Obviously I was thinking about flying, which is probably what triggered my legacy.

As soon as I noticed what was happening, I rushed outside as quickly as I could. Rushing back to the small house I was living in at the time, I couldn't get myself to stand back on the ground. Every time I would try to concentrate, I would move higher off the ground. I started panicking, not knowing how I was going to get back down. As I started to think about never being able to touch the floor again, the floor and ground played over and over through my head, and all of a sudden I was dropping to the floor. 

I was so excited; I was going to be able to fly. I couldn't stop imagining whooshing past planes, not having to be on the ground all the time. The clouds could be my escape from the world, a place to think. At that moment I knew I would have to learn how to control my new legacy. I didn't – I don't - have a Cepan to help me or guide me... The others have it so much easier. I am alone, all by myself, learning to cope with these new abilities by myself. Honestly? It's terrifying. But I don't have to luxury of focusing on myself. I need to help my planet and my people.

Shortly after my flying legacy developed, I learnt telekinesis. It took lots of practise to master my new power. It took a while to master the rest too. I just wish I knew how to control them, what to do when the hard-to-manage legacies would develop. After my first legacy developed, I was finally able to open my chest.

I was so excited. The first thing I saw, and picked out was a little golden broach or pin sort of thing. It wasn't long before I found out its true purpose. You move the index finger of your hand to a certain spot on the golden pendant and it transforms into a giant golden gleaming sword. I knew at that moment, this was going to be a very dangerous weapon. But I already felt attached to it. From that point on I took the golden pendant everywhere. I've never let it out of my sight since then.