Extra Chapter: First Encounter

(First Year Opening Ceremony)

"...I hope each and every one of you will excell in classes and extra curricular activities. Keep in mind and abide by our school motto: Accomplishment in both letters and arms. That is all. Once again, I hereby welcome all the freshmen here in Rakuzan High. Work hard for the rest of the school year. Thank you. You may now return to your respective classrooms."

(Y/N) tugged on the ribbon on her blazer, her eyes scanning the spacious hall full of students.

'What a huge school. I didn't think I'd get into here that easily.' She thought.

"Tch. What a demanding headmaster." Hime muttered.

"Never expect less from an elite school."

"Yeah, yeah. My brain is not as intelligent as yours, you know."

They both walked out of the area, squeezing through the sea of students.

Hime looked over to her, "Did you hear? A first year brat like us actually won the student council election."

"How unfortunate." (Y/N) replied without a care.

"What? I mean, they must be one hell of a prodigy if they won against the third years."

(Y/N) closed her eyes, "Yes, which means they also have more work to do."

Hime rolled her eyes, "I can't tell if you're pessimistic or just gloomy."

"Are you going to join the karate club?"

"Yup." Hime grinned. Ever since she was little, she was always interested in practicing martial arts and had visited various dojos. "What about you?"

"Sports aren't much of my thing. Probably the home economics club."

"I thought so. Let's go fill out our forms later." The blonde nodded.

☆☆☆☆

Akashi scanned the sheets in his hands, rounding the corner. Today wasn't much of a chore for him. As expected, everything ended in his favor. Surely, his father would be pleased to hear that he was now the student council president of this prestigious school that he had chosen.

"Sensei wasn't in the faculty room." He heard a voice before the sound of doors closing reached his ears.

"What a pain. Wait here just in case he comes back, I'll go check out the classrooms."

He saw a blonde girl sprinting away, leaving a (h/c) haired girl in front of the faculty office. She was just standing there motionlessly as if she was part of the security team guarding the place.

'She's awfully short.' He commented in the back of his mind. A sudden breeze passed, causing one of the papers he was holding to fly down the floor.

The girl noticed him before walking over to pick it up, giving it back to the redhead.

"I appreciate your assistance, miss." Came his baritone voice. All he elicited from her was a small nod.

"Are you looking for someone?" He asked inquisitively, scooting himself before her.

"My homeroom teacher."

"You're a first year as well, right? Which teacher? What class are you from?"

'What's with this guy? Asking so many questions.' She thought in confusion.

"Yes. The special advanced class." She answered blankly, wanting no more than for him to go on ahead. She never liked associating with guys who are too pushy and militant.

"Ah, we're classmates then." He smiled. "If you're looking for Ichinose-sensei, he just headed over to the guidance counselor's office." She bowed politely,

"Thanks." She said before walking past him. The wind reformed again as the girl's (h/c) strands flowed behind her, some of them tickling the side of his face and temples lightly, emanating a tranquilizing flowery aroma which had just entered his nostrils.

'What a nice smell.' He thought, 'I didn't ask for her name.' His impassive expression turning into a simper.

Oh, well. He'll find out soon enough.

☆☆☆☆

The next couple of days, he was able to find out a few things about the seemingly monotonous girl. Her name was (L/N) (Y/N) and she was indeed his classmate who's very assiduous when it comes to classes. She never failed to retain a focused demeanor during discussions and took notes like he had assumed how she would be. She would purse her lips while she listened to others and play with her hair. She was extremely polite, thoughtful, kind, yet distant. She would only talk or even look at him if necessary, it was like he didn't exist in her world and he found that fact highly unsatisfying.

"Ah, it's nice to meet you, (L/N)-san. I'm Akashi Seijūrō. The student council president."

She tilted her head to the side, "I've heard. You're quite famous."

Before he himself even realized it, his heterochromatic orbs always found themselves searching for her diminutive physique amongst the students whenever he passed by along the campus whether it was break or after classes.

At first, he brushed it off as mere curiosity. Wanting to know if she was just like the rest of the average females in the school who liked to laugh, act in cutesy, or even pretend to smile endearingly. Eventually, a month had passed and never had any of them ever occurred.

She was a phlegmatic, languid, and spiritless human sized figurine.

Then later on he saw her with a guy. Her boyfriend? He wondered sourly. He decided to stop paying attention to her, but he knew once it started it would only be dreadfully difficult in the end to do so. He honestly couldn't help it. He noticed that every week, she's with a different guy. It then dawned upon him. She was unexpectedly a playgirl. What a letdown.

That didn't stop him though. No. He would search for an opening. The fact that she wasn't steady with someone means that he has plenty of chances. Risky chances that he was more than willing to take. It took a while for him to finally accept it.

He was drawn to her magnetic self.

He never believed in love at first sight, but just like once he believed in Santa Claus when he was a child,

...he definitely believed in the four lettered word.

His mother used to tell him that love was a powerful feeling that not everyone can easily obtain and that he should treasure such feelings.

His mind drifted back to the center of his affections. He had just caught her with the class representative indulging in inappropriate acts and Akashi was not happy in the slightest. Although that was the case, he figured this was one of the chances given to him. Anything for him to have an excuse to approach her and make her notice him.

To have her tantalizing gaze set on him, to have her utter pointless honey-filled words to him, to have her dainty hands all over him, to have her smile at him, to have her call him by his given name.

Yes, he would fulfill all of those selfish desires one by one.

(Y/N) was dangerous; and so was her charm.

☆☆☆☆

Reader-chan, let me just ask you something.

Would prefer a top Akashi or a bottom Akashi? ;)