The Woods

A/N
this is the first imagine of my book, hope you guys enjoy.

word count - 1230

You're are running through the woods from a mini horde of about seven walkers. You didn't want to waste your ammo, so just resorted into running away.

They are just behind you. 'Mess up any moment now and you are screwed.', you thought. And of course, that's exactly what you do. Fortunately, you are able to pull yourself up just in time before a walker stumbles to reach to you.

You start to pick up your pace once your feet stand onto the ground but slow down when you feel a sharp pain in your left thigh. You are now limping and holding onto your thigh. Bringing up your hand, you see it is covered in blood. 'Hurts like hell...', you thought. 'But there is no time for pain.', you scowl yourself and continue to run.

Unfortunately, you trip and fall on a tree root sticking out from the ground. You quickly turn around from the sounds of walker moans and groans and start to crawl backwards.

After a couple feet of crawling, your back roughly hits the base of a tree. You quickly unbutton the two leather strips on your holster that separate you from your gun.

With your gun in hand, you hastily shoot the closest walker right in between the eyes. You do the same thing for five other walkers. You raise the bullet to aim at the walkers head and shot but all that was heard was a faint click. Symbolizing you're out of bullets. Tears start to brim your eyes as you lay there knowing whats going to happen next. You close your eyes and await your fate. Then, suddenly, you hear a quiet gun shot. Your eyelids quickly pull apart and see a boy about your age with a gun in his hands while the walker laid dead on the ground. In your head you're mentally going through the possibilities if you are still alive or not. You come to the conclusion you are alive because of the pain in your thigh that comes back in an instant.

The boy looks to you with a worried expression spread across his face. "Are you alright ?", the boy asked. He reaches his arm out to help you up but you refuse. Isntead, you use your right leg and the tree behind you to pull yourself from the ground.

The boy turns around and starts to walk. 'Is he going to leave me?', you honestly didn't want him to. 'He's the first human since... Never mind.', your mind pushed that horrible memory aside. But sure enough he just leans against a tree a few feet away and watches you as you try to walk.

Hes quite attractive. Brown hair, blue eyes, plump lips that matched his skin tone almost perfectly, and a sheriffs hat upon his head. He seemed to be about your age, 15.

You started to walk away from him, considering he is a total stranger in a walker infested world. Honestly, you wanted him to follow you but at the same time, you didn't. Of course, the boy runs to face you when he notices that you are limping. He has stopped you and you just turned around and walked the opposite way. "Let me help you.", he says with a laugh and grabs your arm gently. You look at his hand on your arm then at him. Pulling your arm away violently, you see it put a sad expression on the boys face now. You turn around and continue to walk and sure enough the crunching of leaves were behind you again.

"Stop following m-", you yell turning around and noticing its not the boy. Walker. The walker pushes you causing you to fall on the ground with it on top of you. You had no ammo left and don't have a knife because it broke when you were trying to break a lock to a closed store like in one of those action movies. It broke, and you felt stupid after.

You were helpless. Once again you close your eyes and lets what happen next happen. Then, yet again, you hear a faint gun shot and open your eyes. You see the boys face and immediately feel a rush of relief. "Thats twice today.", the boy said with his hand out. You took it this time and he helped you up. "Any more times, then Ill basically be your knight in shining armor.", he laughs.

You thought it was kind of funny but didn't want to laugh so you chewed on the inside of your mouth to hide your smile. He notices of course and smirks, "That's what I thought."

Afterwards, he turns around and starts to walk. Then, after not hearing any crunching of twigs and leaves from me he stopped in his tracks and turned just his head over his shoulder. "You comin' ?", he asked. You stared for a few seconds before joining walking beside him.

You looked over at him and saw that he was smiling, "Where are we going ?" He looked at you completely ignoring your question. You didn't want to look like you were staring, even though you were, so you look towards the ground in front of your feet. But from the corner of your eye you could tell he notices you were staring and shook his head, still smiling.

"How many walkers have you killed ?"

"Excuse me ?", you ask looking at him again.

"Just answer it.", he didn't say it in a mean tone but in a curious one.

You look towards the ground again. "I don't know...", you paused, "A lot."

"Why does it matter ?", you quickly add looking at him again.

Ignoring your question again, he asks, "How many people have you killed ?"

Tears start to brim your eyes and you cross your arms as you remember the tragic memory and you turn away so he doesn't see you. "Only one.", you replied.

He stops in his tracks and you do too, looking at him now with bloodshot eyes, "Why ?"

You both were staring into each others eyes, "She didn't want to come back and hurt me." The both of you just stood there in silence for bit.

"Was it your mom ?", he broke the silence. "If you don't mind me asking.", He quickly adds.

"Yeah."

"Me too...", He looks down and plays with his fingers. You look at him with a confused expression until he turns back to you. "I had to kill my mother, too. She died during child birth with my sister."

You open your mouth to speak but he interrupts. "Don't. Its ok. I don't need any sort of apologie from you.", he said as if reading your mind. He gives you a fake smile and continues to walk. "Im Carl by the way."

"Y/N.", you quickly state joining him by his side.

"Thats a really pretty name.", Carl compliments and you could see he blushed. "Do you have a camp ?"

"No. Im alone."

"Do you want to come back with me to my camp ?", Carl grabs your arm to make you stop walking as he does too. You just simply nod and follow him to his camp. "I can already tell that my dad will like you.", this time you blush.

"I can also tell that Im gonna be saving your ass a lot.", Carl laughs.