Chapter 25

Carla POV

Graduation is gone and over with it, I was the valedictorian of the class, it felt weird addressing our class as now grown adults going our separate ways, but in the end it was all worth it.  Miranda surprised me after graduation taking me out, to dinner and we spent the rest of the evening at home, David had came over and we just all talked and had fun.

It was getting close to Saturday evening, and my nerves were getting the best of me, "What is wrong with you, you are on edge today." Miranda asked.

"I'm just getting nervous about leaving, I guess I'm sorry, we need to get to the auditorium it should be starting soon." I said.

"I still can't believe on the last weekend I have you, you talked me into coming to some dumbass talent show." She said.

I just gave her an evil look, "It may be fun." I said.  Once we got there we found two seats, it was still weird for people to see us together, but technically I was out of school now, so no one could say anything.  We sat through some pretty funny stuff, but some was just terrible, I knew Miranda was bored, I watched as the next person came on stage, "I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I said.

Miranda just yawned and nodded, I made my way out the back doors, but instead of going to the bathroom, I made my way backstage.  I found Mrs. White who just smiled and handed me my guitar.  "You know it's really wrong what happened this year, but I'm glad you've found someone." She said.

"Thank You" I said.  As the act before me ended, the curtains closed, I sat on the stool that was on stage, I adjusted the microphone, I was nervous as hell, I had never sang in front of anybody except Miranda, and now the whole entire town was about to judge me.  I had the curtains closed, until I started singing, once I started the curtains would open. I had ten minutes, so I picked three songs. I took one more deep breath and started.

Nightingale

By Demi Lovato

I can't sleep tonight

Wide awake and so confused

Everything's in line

But I am bruised

I need a voice to echo

I need a light to take me home

I kinda need a hero

Is it you?

I never see the forest for the trees

I could really use your melody

Baby I'm a little blind

I think it's time for you to find me

Can you be my nightingale?

Sing to me

I know you're there

You could be my sanity

Bring me peace

Sing me to sleep

Say you'll be my nightingale

Somebody speak to me

'Cause I'm feeling like hell

Need you to answer me

I'm overwhelmed

I need a voice to echo

I need a light to take me home

I need a star to follow

I don't know

I never see the forest for the trees