Chapter Seventeen

------------------------------------------------------------

Remember when I said this might not be suitable for certain audiences?
That particularly starts now. *Warning and shit*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Besides a few scarce words, Levi had been eerily silent since my confession. It was clear that our date night was over. He had led me back to his room and then he avoided looking, touching, and talking to me further. It was very unlike him.

The pain within my ankle had subsided. So instead of bugging him for responses, I opted to continue my night as I would have if he wasn't there at all. I took my time in the shower and watched myself in the mirror while I brushed my teeth absently. It was interesting to see myself for who I was now versus the first time I had seen myself.

I had gained weight and my skin had gained color. Despite my near-albino white hair, I looked rather healthy. I touched my cheek and then my lips, pinching myself as if I wasn't sure I was completely here. When I closed my eyes and focused, I could see images of other faces; familiar and unknown at the same time. But when I opened my eyes again, it was only me.

I walked across the bedroom with ease, turning slightly to peer at Levi. He was sitting unmoving within one of his sofas, a book in hand. I could tell he wasn't actually reading it because he never turned the pages. I could also tell he meant for me not to bother him. I frowned, but then crawled into bed, content to grant him the solitude he obviously wished for.

When I began to doze off, I felt a weight shift slowly next to me on the bed. I turned without thinking, crawling easily to close the space between Levi and me without waiting for permission. I sighed as my body lined with his, enjoying his alluring touch.

Levi shifted against me, drawing me in closer so that our legs intertwined comfortably. He trailed his hand over my hip and then the small of my back, holding me against him. I leaned my head back and opened my eyes slowly to gaze at him warmly.

"Say it again, Katia," Levi whispered to me, his eyes unusually vulnerable.

"I love you," I confessed without hesitation, heat rising over my skin almost nervously.

Levi closed his eyes at the words, an unknown expression crossing his features momentarily. Whatever it was, I felt the heat bite at my veins in response, pooling dangerously low as my heart beat rose unexplainably.

He leaned forward fluidly and I lost my breath. Levi brushed his lips over mine briefly and then he deepened his kiss expertly. I felt suspended, hot and cold all over as if my body had malfunctioned. The kiss was only for a moment, but it had sent my mind reeling.

"Again. Say it again," He demanded, his voice a hushed hunger.

"I love you, Levi," I responded with shaky words, whimpering with anticipation when he immediately pressed forward to claim my lips with his once more. The fire in my soul was raging and the glow on my skin was vibrant under his touch. His lips released me, but he didn't pull away.

"Again," He could only say; his voice thick with unspoken desires.

"I love you." The words caused a pleased growl to rumble through Levi which sent a heated chill over my skin. He closed the small space between us, taking my kiss for his determinedly and stealing my breath all over again.