十五;

as chris made his way as becca down the stairs and to the main party area to find pj he was so scared someone would recognise him and point it out to everyone. chris spotted pj in the crowd alone and went over to him.
"hey pj." chris smiled nervously.
"becca?" pj shouted over the noise, "is that you?" he grinned when chris nodded. "it's so great to meet you." he paused, "we should go talk somewhere quieter."

they moved through the crowd to the backyard. "how are you?" chris said, thinking about how handsome pj looked in this lighting.
"i'm good, how are you?"
"good too."
"i can't believe we're finally meeting after months of talking online." pj smile lit up his face.
"yeah same..."

"when did you get here? i didn't hear anyone come in."
"not that long ago."
"oh, okay. i probably didn't hear because the music is really loud." that was true, chris could hear the music even when they were outside.

"you're costume is really awesome." chris said, smiling as femininely as he could.
"thank you!" pj grin widened at the praise. "you make a very beautiful vampire."
chris felt his cheeks flush and felt millions of butterflies swirling in his stomach. "oh... thank you."
"just telling the truth."

they talked for a little longer until a girl came out of the house looking for pj. she was extremely pretty an dressed as a cat.
"pj?" she said then looked chris up and down. "who's this?"
"oh! this is becca! my friend." pj's smile seemed to have faded slightly. "becca this is my girlfriend, sophie."

fuck, chris thought. just when he thought he was going somewhere with pj his prettier, skinnier and probably smarter girlfriend has to interrupt. why did I even think I had a chance with him?

chris plastered a smile on his face. "nice to meet you."
"yeah." sophie turned to pj, "emma's looking for you pj."
"oh okay! i'll come inside then." pj and sophie both went inside and when sophie was just about to go inside she shot chris a death glare.

chris sighed. he went back inside and looked around to find phil and when he couldn't find him, he went back to the bathroom and changed into his llama costume and took off his makeup and wig. he went back out and found phil talking to guy dressed up as shrek who he didn't recognise.

"phil!" phil's head whipped around at the mention of his name.
"hey chris! where have you been?"
"where have i been? where have you been?" chris then lowered his voice, "i changed into becca and back and still couldn't find you. what's up with that?"
"sorry." phil looked guilty. "i was talking to dan."
"dan- oh." so that's who shrek was.

"hi chris." dan looked nervous.
"hello."
"i'm really unbelievably sorry. i was a dick."
"that's true." chris scoffed.
"will you forgive me?"
chris thought about it for a second. "yeah, okay i guess."

dan's face lit up with a smile, dimples and all. phil grinned too, "should we tell dan about our plan for tonight?"
"sure, why not." they filled dan in about the becca plan who looked suprised.
"that plan was- is..." he paused. "awesome! i wish i could've helped from the start!" they all spent the rest of the night talking until it was time to go.

chris might've not spent a lot of time with pj but he did with his two closest friends which made the night spectacular.