Chapter 19 - Fairy Godmother

Start from the beginning

"Do I even want to know?" Christian asked as Slate and I passed him on our way into the hallway. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle because not even I knew what was going on. As soon as we were in the hallway and the classroom door was shut, separating us from the nosey students who were no doubt already jumping to their own conclusions about what I was being arrest for, I asked the question that had been plaguing me since the cops first arrived.

"What exactly am I being arrested for?"

"Breaking into the public library." The officer replied pushing me forward roughly since I had slowed down a bit when I'd asked the question.

"Bullsh*t, you have no proof." I replied stubbornly, knowing for a fact that none of the security cameras in the library were even hooked up, they were all just for show.

"Actually we do." I could just picture the satisfied smirk on the officers face as he spoke the words that shattered my last bit of hope. "This morning, someone anonymously dropped off a video at the station of you sneaking in through the back door of the library during closing hours a couple weeks back."

"How is it anonymous if someone dropped it off to you?" I asked twisting my head so that I could narrow my eyes at the gross old officer who's hand kept seeming to accidentally touch my ass.

"You better stop opening that pretty little mouth of yours or I might just have to add lack of cooperation to the police report." The officer said, his lips uncomfortably close to my ear so that no one but me could hear what he was saying. I nodded mutely not wanting to push my luck anymore than I already have.

The officers words played on repeat in my head 'someone anonymously dropped off a video'. The thought of anyone filming me without my knowledge was enough to send shivers down my spine. Who the hell is this person the masked and armed men from the club called 'boss' and why is he so intent on sabotaging my life, specifically?

The idea of someone stalking me and blackmailing me should've terrified me and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared but it all felt so f*cking surreal that I wasn't quite as scared as I should've been. The text warning me about the cops coming was all the proof I needed to know that whoever's been blackmailing me is the same person who turned in this video to the cops.

I was so distracted that I didn't even realize we got outside until the bright rays of sun were blinding me causing me to blink rapidly until my eyes adjusted to the change of lighting which resulted in me almost tripping down the cement stairs. So much for being arrested in style. I heard Slate laughing at my clumsiness and cursed the handcuffs for restricting me from flipping him the bird.

Two familiar heads of hair came into view as we got to the bottom of the stairs and stepped into the parking lot. They must've heard our footsteps because they both simultaneously turned their heads to see who was approaching. When they saw me small smiles formed on their faces as they released clouds of smoke from between their lips, the putrid smell of skunk hit me at the exact same time that Alec and AJ seemed to notice the presence of the two cops.

Alec started coughing as he choked on a cloud of smoke in shock and AJ slapped his back trying to help him out. I let my gaze drift to the lit joint in AJ's hand and widened my eyes at him trying to remind him of the illegal substance that was still in the officers plain view. When AJ caught my gaze his eyes slowly drifted down to the joint and he looked absolutely pained as he hurriedly threw it into a bush behind him before turning back and trying to look as non-suspicious as possible.

The cop who was escorting me released a loud sigh and I turned my head just in time to see him roll his eyes exasperatedly. "We don't have enough pairs of handcuffs, but if we did, I would be arresting every last one of you good for nothing delinquents." With that, he pushed me towards a black car that I realized was an unmarked police car and roughly swung the door open before forcefully pushing me into the back seat.