Chapter 4 || Prove it - EDITED

As the end of the day neared, I mentally wanted to die at the fact that;

1) I was absolutely drained.
2) I still had double detention to attend.

Not only that, but I had to spend the entire detention with Chase and his annoying face.

Once the bell rang, I didn't make an effort to get up and rush out. Instead, I slowly grab my bag and place my books and pencil case inside, before I drag my feet out of the classroom, towards detention, which thankfully was the room next door.

I quickly glance inside, and notice I was in fact the first one there, which I wasn't surprised because knowing Chase he probably "ditched" it, as he apparently did that a lot.

Once I take a seat at the back, I take out my phone and send a quick message to Jace and Sam, letting them know that I won't be able to pick them up from school, and I shove it back in to my pocket when I hear the door creek open.

"If you read the sign," The Principle said, "You would see that no phone are allowed once you're in detention."

I glance at the clock, and there was still a minute till the detention actually started, so technically I wasn't in detention yet. But knowing full well that I was already on her bad side, I quickly mutter a sorry.

She nods her head. "What school did you move from again?"

I wouldn't thought she would know, considering she did accept me here, nevertheless I sit back up. "Birckmood High."

She raises her eyebrows, a slight smirk playing on her lips. "Great school." She mutters, but there was something about the way she spoke that made me realise that she didn't believe a single thing that left her mouth.

On that note, Chase walks in, his hair was all over the place and I knew instantly that it wasn't natural, he obviously had just done a quickie.

"It's great that you could join us," She applauds him. "We have all the time in the world."

He sends her a quick glare and pulls out a seat behind me.

"Now." Principle Evans says, her hands clasped together and her eyes switching from me to Chase. "What really happened?"

"I already-" Chase begins.

"Chloe, your story please." She interrupts him, and I mentally imagine myself sticking a tongue at him, ha, stupid prick.

"It's my second day here, I didn't really know where I was going."

She nods her head, understanding. "And did you really ask him out during my assembly?"

I give her a toothless grin, before shaking my head. I was definitely going to get along with her.

"What do you mean, him, have you seen me, I'm pretty sure if you were our age, you'd be chasing after me too." Chase says, a playful smile on his face. I turn around and scoff.

"Chase Daniels, do not make me puke up my dinner."

* *

Once we were out, I quickly make my way towards the car, but just before I open my door, Chase pushes it back shut and manoeuvres his body in between me and the car door.

"Can I help you?"

He crosses his arms over his chest and leans against it. "Because of you I missed something really important."

"Me," I shriek. "Your the one who went and told everyone that I asked you out!"

He chuckles, clearly amused. "You know you were thinking about it."

"The only important thing you have, is probably a girl waiting back in the closet, and both know what for."

"Oh," he says, "So you've heard."

"Heard?" I ask. "I was practically given a book."

Something flashes through his eyes, before its masked with a smirk. "Never pinned you as a type to listen to the rumours." I felt like it was deja vû.

I shake my head. "I don't, I know the difference between rumours and the truth."

"Now, now" He says, taking a step forward so that there was no room between us. "I know the truth about you and you don't see me running around and judging you."

I scoff, taking a step back. "You know nothing about me."

"Do you want to bet?"

I raise my brow, he was really testing my patience right now. "I don't need to bet on anything, I know who I am."

"You sure about that?" He asks. "Because if you were so happy with who you are, you wouldn't put up with this facade."

"I don't know what you're talking about, instead of trying to prove who I am, work on yourself - that is something that needs improving."

He chuckles. "See," he says, "If you really were the typical good girl, you wouldn't speak to me like that."

"Just because I'm a good girl, doesn't mean I can't stick up for myself."

"Princess." He takes another step forward. "Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?" And I push him back lightly, and send him a glare whilst pulling my car door open and speeding off.

I don't know who Chase Daniels thought he was, but I was definitely not going to be someone he can push around. If he really thought he knew who I was, watch what I do now.

*       *

Hey guys!!!

I updated as quick as I could, and even though I'm editing it, I have to re write every single chapter because of how the chapters affected eachother.

Anyway, what do you think she will do next? Because I seriously do not know;P

- Jaisha :)