13). Make an effort

Delani's P.O.V

"Okay now this really can't be good," I say and put my hair in a bun.

"I'm sure everything's fine," Aubrey reassures.

"I doubt it, as soon as I showed him the picture he left to get something. I bet he knows him and he probably went to call him and tell him to move to Canada or something."

"You're thinking about this too much,"

I shrug, "That's what he could be doing though."

"Well there's only one way to find out, and that's to wait until he comes back and explain everything to us." He says leaning back in his chair. "Just relax."

I look at him and laugh, "I can't take you serious with that wig and glasses."

"Does it really bother you that much?"

"No, it's just funny." I shrug.

He smiles and Detective Martin walks in.

"Sorry, for taking so long. Okay so I have some news," he says and sits down. "It's not good news."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Okay. What is it?"

"Well, Lucas Hunter isn't Lucas Hunter."

"What do you mean?"

"That's not his real name. His real name is Ethan Hayes. And I know this because, of the past cases I've dealt with."

"Ethan Hayes? So he lied about his name?"

"Either that or he changed it."

I sigh and run my hands over my face, "Okay so what do we do?"

"Well, hopefully we can find him; since he basically went missing. But until then you have nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about?! What if he reappears and comes after me or something?"

"I don't think he'll come after you. Not when he knows the police is after him. He would have to be stupid to do that."

"Well it's a possibility that it can happen." I shrug.

"Okay well if it happens call 911. I'll also give me your card and you can call me if anything."

"Okay, thanks I guess. Um do you think I could like know about his past cases and all. Or is that a violation?"

"Uh, no actually I could do that. Come in on Monday at around 2."

I smile, "Thank you."

"We'll find him Delani. He will be put behind bars sooner or later."

I nod my head and stand up with Aubrey.

"Thanks for uh everything. I'll see you Monday."

"See you Monday," he says and gives me his card.

I shake his hand and walk out of the office.

"You, good?" Aubrey asks and opens the door for me.

"Yeah, I just feel like it was pointless for me to come here."

"Well, it wasn't a total waste. You found out that he changed his name. And the detective has some history with him so maybe it might be a little easier for them to track him. You never know."

"You're right." I say and get into the car, "They'll find him. And hopefully everything will get better."

"Everything will, trust me. You just need to be patient."