3). Rise & Shine

Abel's P.O.V

"Oh my god you're awake!" Maribeth practically yells.

My head snaps up and my eyes widen as I look at her.

She's awake.

She looks tired, really tired. But somehow she manages to still look beautiful.

"Baby," I say standing up walking over to her side.

"How are you feeling?" Maribeth asks stroking her hair back.

She flinches lightly, "What am I doing here? What happened?" She says hoarsely, ignoring Maribeth's question.

"I don't know, do you remember anything?" I mentally slap myself, obviously she doesn't remember anything if she's asking you what happened, idiot.

"I-I was at a party a-and......" She stops once she realizes my hand is placed on top of hers. "Y-you.....w-what are you doing here?" She asks snatching her hand away from mine. "Don't touch me."

"What do you mean 'what am I doing here?' I'm here because you're hurt and I love you." I say truthfully.

"Get out." She says quietly not looking at me.

"What?"

"I said, get out." Delani says louder.

I look at Maribeth not knowing what to do, I'm not just going to leave.

Maribeth's eyes soften, "Honey, Abel's here for you. He's here to support you, we both are."

"I don't want him in here, get out Abel."

"Baby, look--" I try to touch her hand but she moves it and presses the emergency button on the side of her bed.

She can't be serious.

Not even a minute later a nurse rushes in.

"What happened-- oh you're awake fantastic. Are you hungry or thirsty?"

"I want him out of this room." She says bitterly.

"Right," she nods. "I'm sorry sir but I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Maybe wait in the waiting room?"

"This is ridiculous I'm not leaving."

"Abel, maybe it would be for the best if you wait in the waiting room." Maribeth says softly.

"Are you fucking kidding me!" I say just a little too loud.

Everyone's eyes widen at my sudden outburst.

"Fine," I give up and just walk out of the room and sit down in a chair closest to her room.

I can't believe she kicked me out of her room. I mean I can believe it, since she practically knows I did her wrong. But I didn't think she would be like this right away. I thought it would take a little time because, she's in he hospital and everything.

I guess not.

\_(•-•)_/

Delani's P.O.V

How dare he come here and pretend like he cares and act like he did nothing wrong.

What did he expect me to do, jump into his arms because, he showed up to "support" me when I'm in the hospital.

Yeah, right.

"Um, Delani I hope you don't mind but the detective is here to talk with you." My doctor says walking in.

"Detective?" I ask scrunching up my nose. "Why do I need to speak with a detective?"

"To talk about what happened last night."