Ch. VII

~the past~

The older blonde male and the (h/c) female sat in a wagon along with other children. (Y/n)'s hand held onto Jim's hand. They were in line for an 'inspection' from earl Trancy. When it was Jim's turn, the earl glared and started beating him. (Y/n) jumped onto Jim to shield the attacks. "Get them out of my sight!" Shouted the earl. Both Jim and (y/n) were thrown into a cell. Two guards approached them and tried to separate them. "No! NO! JIM!" (Y/n) shouted as she gripped tighter on Jim's hand. At last, they were separated. (Y/n) was chained near a stone cold wall. She was majorly beaten up. The earl often came into her cell to step on her and beat her.

~present~
|(y/n)'s POV|

I reached the manor. "CLAUDE! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!" I shouted. Claude walked out casually. "Please do not scream. It is rude." He said. "How dare you call me rude after what you have done to Alois, your master? I was right to never trust you, demon!" I said. He did not say anything nor did he move. Then, something horrible happened. He smirked. It slightly terrified me. "Ironically, that is exactly what I am." He said. I took a step back. "What do you mean?" I asked. He took off his glove to reveal a glowing symbol. "Alois Trancy made a contract with me. I was to serve him until he has fulfilled his wish. In return, I have his soul." Claude said. That enraged me even more. "All the more reason to hate you." I said. His smirk disappeared. "Now please, if you wish to be unharmed, you shall leave." I glared. "Never!" When those words left my mouth, Claude's golden cutleries had penetrated my skin. I fell on my knees. "I thought... you were a demon. Did my speech... scare you?" I mocked. He threw more at me. One pierced my heart while one hit my stomach. I spat out blood. "Now that I've told you about me, why not drop your act?" He said. I clumsily got up and pulled out the two knives that hit my organs. "Why not? Obviously, I'm... not human. Entirely." I coughed. "You're a hybrid. Of human and demon." He said. I gave a weak nod. "Why not tell Alois?" He asked. "I was afraid that he would hate me. That I would regret having him know of my true nature yet still be too weak." I said. "You have told Luka though. Why?" "Luka already summoned a demon of his own. What's the point if it's no secret to him?" Claude looked at me with his cold, golden eyes. "Why didn't you tell Alois about Luka?" I didn't answer. Claude, once again, smirked. "None of your business." I said, glaring at him. I threw punches and kicks at him. He dodged all of them. "You are weak." He said, kicking me directly in the stomach, where he wounded me. I fell to my knees in pain. Jim... I'm so sorry...