Ch. VI

~the past~

The three children were inside a broken down house next to a river. Two were blonde males, being brothers, and one was a (h/c) female. "Let's see what we have here." Said the older, blonde male, searching through a bag. "That old man looked like he needed the medicine." The younger male said. "Who bloody cares? If we were like that, would anyone care?" Asked the (h/c) female. The young male shook his head. The older looked at the younger and lifted his bangs to reveal a bruise. "What happened?" He asked. "The baker threw stones at me." The young male responded. The older clenched his fist while the female's jaws tightened. "That bastard." The female mumbled. The elder male picked up the jar of medicine and smashed it on the ground. "Listen Luka, if anyone throws stones at you, We'll make sure they pay!" The female said. Luka smiled and nodded. "I wish they'd all die. Every last one of them. They should all burn." The older one said. The female smiled and Luka ran around, cheering. The elder one stopped him. "I want you to stay by my side. Both of you." He said. Luka bowed on one knee. "Yes, your highness." He said. The female then bowed. "Yes, my royal highness." She said. The elder smiled.

|time skip|

The three children saw debris in the river coming from the village. They ran towards it to find it filled with smoke and fire. "They're... burning. Everything is burning." The elder boy said. "They're all gone!" The female shouted gleefully. The three posed then ran off to enjoy themselves. It was really late when a chilly wind blew. The elder male has stolen a necklace and has decided to look for the others. "Luka! (Y/n)! Where are you? It's time to go back!" He called. He reached his brother to find him laying on the floor with the female beside him, crying. "Luka! Luka! Luka!" She cried. The elder raced towards them and tried to shake the young awake. "Luka! Come on!" He said. Tears welled up in his eyes. (Y/n) had stopped the older. "Jim. It's no use... he's already..." (Y/n) didn't finish her sentence. "LUKA!" The boy shouted into the sky.

~present~

(Y/n) had dug a deep hole under Alois's body and placed him in. The tears still spilled from her eyes. "Jim. Who's going to keep me company, now? Who will play with me in the gardens or take me around London or..." She paused and laid on the buried body. "Or avenge Luka?" She finished. "You made a promise to." Her tears fell onto the burial. She found a stone and etched the words 'Here lies Jim Macken, age 14' into the tree behind the burial. (Y/n) then took out a blade and placed her hand over Alois's buried body. "I swear by blood that you and Luka will be avenged." She slit her palm and her blood dripped onto the burial. She stabbed the blood coated knife into the burial and ran off to the Trancy manor.