Ch. III

I finished the story and the triplets were staring at me. They whispered to each other then Canterbury whispered into my ear. "Thank you but I didn't make up that story." I said. Then Timber whispered to me. "When I was in captivity, a worker would tell me stories because I often cried. The worker did only twice though. Then, I never saw her again." I huddled my knees. Thompson whispered to Timber while Timber whispered to Canterbury. Thompson then whispered to me. "You're right. Goodnight, Thompson. Timber. Canterbury." I walked into the manor as I said this and reached my room. I laid on my bed and began humming a tune. The tune soon put me into the hands of sleep.

|time skip|

I was awoken by a gentle shake of my shoulders. "My lady, your highness requests to eat breakfast with you." Said a dull voice. I sat up and glared at Claude. "I can wake up with just a call. Don't need to touch me." I said. He bowed and left. I changed and went to the dining room. There sat Alois with food across the table. I took a seat across from Alois. "Good morning, your highness." I said, dipping my head. "Good morning, (y/n)." He said, giving a smile. He and I started eating the breakfast. When we finished, we took a stroll around the garden. "Look." I pointed at a blue butterfly fluttering near blue flowers. I ran to it but it fluttered away. My smile faltered slightly. "I scared it away." I said sadly. "It'll come back. I promise." Alois said. I smiled. The joy killer then came. "What is it, Claude?" "You have a visitor, your highness." He said. "But no one was supposed to come today." Alois said. We walked to the front door and saw a boy around the age of Alois with blue hair and an eyepatch accompanied by a butler similar to Claude except that his eyes were red. I stayed behind Alois. "Well, if it isn't Phantomhive." Alois said. "Trancy. Hello again." The boy said. His eyes wandered to me. I sent a glare. "Who is that?" I asked in sync with the boy. "I'm Alois's friend." I said. "I am Ciel Phantomhive. I'm the owner of the Funtom toy company." He introduced. "I'm (y/n)." I said. Alois also sent a glare to him. "What do you want, Phantomhive?" "You sent a letter to me about a private party." He said. "I don't recall sending a letter." Alois said. Phantomhive then took out a letter with Alois's seal on it. "Oh, right. That." Alois let out an inaudible growl then suddenly smiled. "Alright. Follow me." He skipped off with us following. I could tell that the smile was fake. We reached a balcony with seats. Claude and Phantomhive's butler was down on an arena that looked like a chessboard. "Our butlers shall do battle there. It was set up for the party." Alois said. I sat next to him, watching everything play out. Before anyone could do anything, a blonde man appeared out of nowhere. "What a splendid show!" He cried. "Who are you, sir? Please state your business." Claude said. "I'm here for the costume ball, of course. I am the Viscount Druitt." He said. "The party was last week. This is a private party." Claude said. "Oh my! How could I mess up the dates for the party?!" The man screamed out dramatically. I rolled my eyes. Alois looked at the man with a raised eyebrow then, he glared.