Ch. V

I opened my eyes and saw Alois sat up on his bed. "Oh. I've fallen asleep." I said. Alois was looking around as if searching for something. "Are you ok, Alois? Do you need something?" I asked. "Claude. Claude. Claude. Where's Claude?" He asked. I was shocked. Claude? "Why do y-" he cut me off. "Where's Claude? Where is he?" He asked. "I'll go get him." I said with hesitation. I rushed out the room and brought Claude in the room. Alois clung onto him. "Claude. There you are. Please, don't leave my side." He said. I walked out the room. Why, Alois? Why him? I thought. Tears were forming in my eyes. It used to be me.

|flashback|

I hid behind a half broken, stone wall with Jim and Luka. I was trying to slow my breath. When I looked down, I saw Alois and Luka clinging onto me like I was their only chance of life. "It's gonna be ok. They'll never catch us, I promise." I reassured them. "How do you know?" Luka asked. "Because I've never broken a promise to you two." I said. Jim smiled a little while Luka gave a nod.

|flashback end|

I sat in the field of the garden. I weaved a flower crown of blue flowers. I used to do this for Luka and Jim. We'd play all day with the flower crowns. I'm the queen while Jim's the king and Luka's the prince. I wiped my tears and threw the crown aside. I only wish that Claude wouldn't be the one Alois calls for. I got up and walked in the manor. I went into Alois's room but he wasn't there. "Alois?" I searched the manor but couldn't find him. "Alois? Alois?! Jim!" I panicked. The triplets then ran to me. Timber whispered to me first then Canterbury and then Thompson. "Alois what?" I yelled in shock. I ran outside the manor and grabbed a horse. I raced out, searching for Alois. I reached a small hole in the ground and halted. I slid down my horse and searched for Alois. I went in the direction of blood trails. I climbed a small hill and saw something that horrified me. "JIM!" I screamed. Claude turned to me. The very thing I saw was Jim lying on the ground, dead by the hands of his butler. Claude. Tears streamed endlessly down my cheeks while I clenched my fists. "You bastard!" I yelled. "How could you?!" I ran at him and started punching him but nothing seemed to effect him. He caught my wrists and threw me aside. I laid there, crying. Claude had left. I crawled to Jim's body and laid on it. "You can't leave me, Jim. Not you. Wasn't Luka enough? Why must it be you too?" I shouted. "I don't want to be alone! I don't want you to die too! Please!" I gripped his shirt. "Jim..." please...