Forget About Me

It's been forever but to make up for my awful lateness, I made it extra long. Or at least it was long on Word. Anyway, here you go guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I didn't leave my room for the rest of the day. I sat sulking on my bed and Cass had enough sense to leave me alone. She went and spent time with the others for however long she could while I sulked about the one that I wanted to spend my last moments in Narnia with, but I was too much of a coward to do anything about it.

I lay on my bed staring blankly at the ceiling for an eternity. I sighed for the millionth time and closed my eyes, trying to gather my thoughts.

He hates me now, that's for sure. He will never want to talk to me again. Not that I blame him. I just basically told him that I didn't love him enough to want to stay with him.

But if anything he was being a stupid, dramatic jerk. I opened my eyes into a glare and tried to burn a hole in the ceiling, which almost happened until I caught myself when I started seeing smoke.

I turned on my side. I wanted to know who I was and how to control these...whatever they were. Not even I knew what they were. The thought scared me that I may be something that not even I knew what I was.

"See," I said to no one, "I could be dangerous without understanding my full potential. I need to understand how to control myself. I could kill people, people that I love."

I sighed and decided it was time to pack up my things. I grabbed my trunk and started searching my room for whatever I didn't want to leave behind. After all, I won't be seeing this room for a couple of years.

I grabbed my clothes, folded them and set them beside the trunk. I looked at my shelf and grabbed a couple of books. On my bedside table, I grabbed my knife. The drawer in the table held something dear to me. Yes very dear to me indeed.

A rose. A rose dipped in gold. For me. From Edmund.

I looked at it and a lump formed in my throat. I picked it up gently. It was pure gold but it was lighter than a feather. It would never break, it would never die. And it will never leave this castle, I decided.

I set it down on my pillow and stared at it for a while before I sighed, wiped the tears from my eyes and resumed my packing.

My bow and quiver were set down on my bed. I had very few possessions and I didn't plan on gaining anymore. I set clothes aside for sleep and for the journey tomorrow. I placed the rose on my bedside table and tried not to look at it. When I finished, I went to bathe. I sat in the tub for a while before I even started washing my hair. When I got out I got dressed and dried my hair. I had a faun bring my dinner to my room. I didn't want to see anyone at the moment.

After I was finished the same faun came back and took my dishes away. I slipped into bed and fell asleep almost immediately. The whole time I felt very numb and defeated.

Edmund's POV

I woke up the next morning and got dressed.

I felt worn out. When I stormed out of the dining room the day before, I headed straight to the stables. I saddled Phillip and we went for a run, and I tried not to think about her or anything else.

I had to admit, horseback riding definitely calmed me down. When I came back, it was almost dinner and I rushed to bathe.

I got down to the dining hall just as the fauns started serving the food. I took my seat on Peter's right. I noticed the seat across from mine was empty.

I felt my eyebrows furrow and I spared a glance at Cassandra. She was staring intently at her food. I was about to ask where Alex was, but Susan cut me off.