Sore Loser

Training was intense. Lots of things to do, like horseback riding, archery, swordplay, and horseback riding with bows, arrows, and/or swords.

Guess which one I did?

All of them, duh.

As the athletic freak that I was, I tried them all and excelled in all of them. Although I had to admit, Edmund was pretty wicked with a sword, but I still caught him on his back sometimes, my sword at his throat.

Cass was horseback riding and doing archery, she even tried doing both. She was not comfortable around swords but she kept a dagger in a sheath in her boot.

A few days had passed and we were outside eating lunch, when we heard horns in the distance. We had visitors.

Minutes after the horns sounded, a horrible black litter propped on the shoulders of ugly beasts, came down through the campsite.

The White Witch was sitting on it looking as if she owned the place.

I was sitting next to Edmund and I could feel him tense up beside me, his hand froze halfway to his mouth with a spoon full of soup. His eyes wide in fear and panic.

I put my hand lightly on his shoulder; he jumped in surprise, his spoon clattering into his bowl. I turned back and saw the Witch glaring at him.

I leaned in front of him and blocked him from her view. I returned her glare and bared my teeth at her, a low growl rising from my throat. She looked surprised but she glared at me and turned away to look at Aslan's tent.

"Rude," I said under my breath. I looked at Edmund and he gave me a sheepish smile and mouthed a 'thanks'. I mouthed a 'don't mention it' back.

She came down from her litter and disappeared into Aslan's tent.

We finished our lunch in tension and Edmund didn't touch much of his food after that. We sat waiting for them to emerge. Almost an hour later, the witch came out. I snarled at her when she looked our way. Aslan came walking out, but I was glaring down the witch.

She said something that I didn't really quite catch because she said it and I don't care for what she has to say to anybody. Aslan roared and she sat in surprise and possibly fear?

Everyone cheered. She turned and left with her posse of big uglies.

Aslan went back into his tent and so everything resumed as several people gathered to talk about what happened. We decided to go back to training now that the excitement of the day had passed. We didn't discuss much about what happened, I was focused on taking out the dummy.

We finished training with another swordfight between Edmund and I. I offered because he looked like he needed a pick-me-up.

I went easy on him and I ended up on my back with him straddling me and his sword at my throat. He had a smile on his face. I tried to wriggle my way out from under him but his smile turned into a smirk and he didn't get off of me. Peter and Cass were laughing at my struggle as I growled at him.

"Get off me," I snarled.

"Oh, I don't think so. I finally won. I think the winner should get something," he said with a sly smile.

"You're just saying that because YOU won. If I were to win I wouldn't get anything would I?"

"Probably not," he said as he leaned down and his face was inches from mine. He opened his mouth, and spit started to come out.

"AAAHHHHHH!" I screamed, the drool coming closer and closer to my face. I tried to squirm away but I couldn't move.

"GET OFF ME!"

I kicked out and rolled over. The spit was almost touching my cheek but when I turned, it flipped and landed on HIS face.

"AWWW MAN, GROSS!" he yelled looking angrily at me.

Everyone started to burst out laughing including myself. Then he grabbed me and we started wrestling in the grass.

I had him in a headlock when the horns sounded that dinner was ready.

I let him go and got off of him. I extended my hand and he glared at it before taking it.

"Sorry about that," I said.

"Whatever," he said and stalked off.

Sore Loser.