Final Chapter

"Alex, my love, come to bed," I heard the calm voice of my new husband call for me.

It was still so hard to wrap my mind around this. We were on a nice little cozy island off the coast of Narnia spending a couple weeks on our honeymoon. We had arrived a couple days ago by Firestorm.

I was currently looking out from our bedroom balcony at the ocean. It discomforted me a little being surrounded by so much water; Firestorm wouldn't dare stay on the island for more than a couple hours. It was very small; you could walk two hours in every direction from the little retreat in the middle and meet the salty water.

But Edmund thought this island would be perfect for us to spend some "alone time" together. And we did. Every chance we got. Tonight he didn't want it to be an exception to "alone time."

As I walked back to the bed, I saw the big grin on Ed's face and it took me back to our wedding day.

After many hours of being poked and prodded, having had my hair pulled and pinned, and my face plucked and painted, they finally finished with me.

I had looked at myself in the mirror and nearly broken down in tears. I looked absolutely stunning.  I had been glowing more than ever before that day.

They brought in my dress and helped me get into it. It was white with gold trimming. It had been taken in so it fit me snug. It was strapless and the skirt had several layers to it. The outer, see-through layer was a light golden color and then came white underneath.

The girls looked at me and started to tear up.

"Don't just stand there, ladies," I said as I turned to them. "Get a move on and get into your dresses." They started rushing about trying to do their hair and make-up and get into their dresses. And I just stood on the little elevated platform in front of the mirror and stared at myself.

I had been so deep in thought that day. I was a little scared. But I was extremely happy.

When they were finally ready, we started out for the main hall where the wedding was to take place. We met Peter outside the doors to the hall and he turned to me and a big smile made its way to his place.

"Finally, we were starting to get worried you had gotten cold feet," he teased.

"Me getting cold feet? I think you should check if your brother is still at the altar and he's not hyperventilating," I said with a smile.

"That's right. Let me go calm the fool down," he said as he slid through the doors and gave a nod that we had finally arrived.

"Here you go Alex," Lucy said as she handed my bouquet to me.

"Thank you."

Then we heard the music start to play. Susan went first, then Lucy.

Cass lightly touched my arm before she too went through the doors.

I stood and took a couple deep breaths and then started my own way through the doors. As I headed my way down the aisle, everyone turned to me and smiled, but to be honest, I saw the action but not the faces. I had been staring at the man waiting for me at the altar.

My heart had started going a mile a minute and I was sure everyone could hear it. When I finally made it to him I couldn't stop smiling, my cheeks were numb by the time we had said our vows and shared our first kiss as a married couple.

We opted out of a reception, mostly because Ed wanted to get away and spend time with me.

I finally got into bed next to Ed and cuddled up into his chest and his arms wrapped around me.