We Want To Go

Thank you so much for your votes

Here's the next chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunch was an hour away so we decided to break the news at lunch; until then we talked about it.

Did we want to go? After a few minutes of discussing, we did want to go. We REALLY wanted to go. It was a chance to meet our parents even if it was only one of them for now.

Did we want to leave our friends, though? Without even starting, we knew that we would never want to leave them, if we didn't want to go.

Then there was the question we had difficulty answering.

Did we want to leave each other? It didn't have to come up, and it didn't, for us to know that we could, with much difficulty, leave without the other. Even though we were with each other almost every second, we would have to go our separate ways eventually.

Thirty minutes before lunch and we spent it lying on my bed staring up at the ceiling. The balcony doors wide open inviting a breeze to come in.

When the horn for lunch sounded, we got up slowly and looked at each other. We took a hold of each other's hand and started out the door. When we were younger, holding each other's hands was the only thing we had that comforted us, that told us no matter what happened from this point on, we would never go through it alone. 

We walked into the dining room and the kings and queens were already seated and waiting for us.

It went Peter and Susan sitting at either end of the table. Edmund on Peter's right. I was on Peter's left. Cassandra was on Susan's left. And Lucy sat on Susan's right. We looked at each other before we parted and went to our respected seats. As I walked past Susan, I heard her mutter something under her breath. It sounded like she said, "Inconsiderate of other people and their hunger pains."

Well you know what? People wouldn't have hunger pains at lunch if they bothered to eat breakfast. She always eats a medium lunch, a snack, and then a small dinner. I swear she was starving herself.

I took my seat not bothering to glare at her.

The fauns started to bring out the dishes and set them out in front of us. I picked at my chicken nuggets and fries. I looked across the table at Edmund and he was trying to restrain himself from stuffing his face.

A smile broke out on my face. Then I looked over at Peter. He was eating properly and proudly. The air around him wasn't stuck up, it was full of pride.

When I looked at Lucy, all I thought was petite. She was so small and she ate like a kid, not a queen.

But when I saw Susan eating, she ate like a stuck up bitch. Chin high and she chewed slowly and thoroughly as she almost stabbed her nuggets and plate. I scowled and turned back to my plate. I stabbed a nugget and stuffed it in my mouth. No matter what, I wasn't going to miss her.

I looked back over to Cass and saw she was looking at me already. She nodded and put her fork down. I put mine down as well.

Immense sadness took over my heart as Cass asked everyone for their attention.

"Alexandra and I are leaving tomorrow," she said, chin held high.

Wow that was rather blunt, I thought to myself.

Peter put his fork down slowly. Edmund's fork was frozen on its journey to his mouth. Lucy's eyes went wide. And I didn't even bother to look at Susan.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Pete asked.

I answered this time. "Aslan thinks it would be best for us to understand who and what we are..."

"So we are being sent to our parents to learn from them about how to control and use our abilities," Cass finished.

"Y-you're leaving me?" Ed asked as he looked at me and only me.

The sadness in my heart grew to an enormous amount bringing me closer and closer to tears.

"Y-yes," I managed to choke out.

His eyes went sad in an instant and he tried to choke it down and regain his composure, I had to look away.

"When will you be back?" Pete asked.

"Four, five years tops," Cass answered.

"Years?!" Lucy exclaimed. "You're going to be gone for that long?"

We nodded.

"Don't go," Ed said, his voice cracking a little as he momentarily broke away from his composure.

"That's the thing, Ed," I said softly. "We want to go."

His expression went from sad to shocked to angry.

"So you want to leave me?!" he yelled as he slammed his fists on the table and stood up.

"N-no, that's not it at all," I said trying to explain.

"That's exactly it isn't it?" he said his voice lowering in volume, but it was still loud.

"Edmund," my sister said as she stood up from her chair. "We are not leaving any of you because we don't want you; we are going because we want to know who we are. Do you want Alex to live her life never knowing who she really is, who she was meant to be? You have found who you were meant to be, let her find herself."

"Whatever," he said as he walked out.

I sat there speechless, mouth open, still looking at where he had exited.

My mind had already been defeated, but my heart told me to go after him. This time, I didn't listen to it. I sat there, in my chair, fighting back the tears that wanted to flow.

My heart ached to go after him but as my mind shut down, so did my body. It wouldn't go after him, it couldn't. So there I sat, not listening to what was going on around me and not caring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you think Edmund reacted badly? Tell me how you want them to say goodbye, if they even say goodbye. Five (5) votes needed for next update.

Much Love

Courtney