15 - Captured Again

Start from the beginning

With David's plan working out so well, there would be no other candidate for the next clan leader.

"That of course came with its risks. Many would unavoidably die if we chose to go to war; Not to mention we would have to share the land with the rogues. So I am going to offer you this one last time. Join us so we can use you against your puppy. Tell him how you hate him for trapping you up. Reject him and say you never want to see him again. Tell him unless he gives us the land you'll hate him forever and kill yourself."

My anger grew with each of his words, burning me from the inside. By the time the foul vampire had gotten to the last sentence, my control had completely snapped.

Ignoring the gruesome burning, I scooped up some of the garlic power from the bars in my hand and threw it in David's face.

The vampire stumbled back screaming, clutching his face. Redness and bumps grew on his face rapidly, puffing it up to look similar to an swollen mushroom. He let out a powerful roar, body shaking from the resistance to kill me himself.

"Your an disgrace! Just like your parents!" David screamed. My body froze and eyes widened. My heart beat trembled in my chest but I remained still. All the memories came flooding back with his words. The pain of losing them but also never knowing what really happened to them. Not knowing if they were killed or purely ran away and left me behind. What did David know about them?

"Just like you they love those foul beast and want to 'live and harmony together'. Your parents believed that bullshit so much they were even going to give the idea to Richard. But I made sure they were never able to." He seethed. My fists clenched tightly, the large burn of my right hand sending stings of pain up my arm and teeth bared into an menacing snarl. Every muscles in my body was itching to run through the bars and rip his throat out. I had gone years without anyone, alone without any family to care about and it was all because of him!

"I slit their throats and burned their bodies like the filth they were!" He yelled. I couldn't hold myself  back any longer. I launched myself at him, steels bars of the cage stopping my body but my hands managing through. I slashed a quick fingernail across David's cheek, red line appearing instantly.

The vampire let out an angered snarl.

In a quick movement to my still laggy body, David ceased my arm, gripping it and yanking my body harshly against the bars.

"Your lucky I need you alive a while longer or I'd treat you just the same." He spat.

Before I could rip my arm away, David slipped an hand through the bars and jabbing an sharp needle into my neck.

At Caleb's Pack Ground

Caleb exited the house and began walking towards the spot he usually found Raven in. He had just finished with his Alpha duties and wanted to spend a little time with her.

When he got to the plane of land he frowned not seeing his mate anywhere in sight.

From the right, the Alpha's two third-in-commands came walking up. Both held an subtle worried look.

When they approached the alpha, they saw the confused look on his own face and decided it would be better to wait on their own news.

"Have either of you seen Raven?" Caleb asked. An growing concern was filling his chest. He had not seen her all day and she was now missing in her usual place. It wasn't odd for her to explore around but dawn was coming. She would usually be back by now.