15 - Captured Again

The room was dark and haunting. Mossey green walls and rusted, sturdy cell bars surrounded me. The musk of the room was enough to make my stomach churn. I had only been in the dungeon of the clan house a few times before, to make sure our livestock hadn't escaped before dinner, but there was no denying that was where I was now.

I had become the livestock, inclosed and unable to escape. The bars were sprinkled with garlic powder and guards most defiantly secured outside door. I was weak again. My head was woozy and limbs felt almost like jello. There was barely any strength left in me.

I couldn't beilive I allowed myself to get captured again. The me I knew would have been able to fight my attacker off and teach them never to mess with me again. Instead, they had played dirty and shot me up with what I was now guessing was snake venom (something my clan had perfected extracting from the creatures in the forest and using against our enemies). My naivety had lead me here. I was trapped once again by those who once were the ones I believed in.

Up above, I heard the whining creak of the rusted door hinges and clunking footsteps down plank wood stares. My body instantly tensed up, trying to get prepared for any attack. But with the way I was feeling now I doubted I could defend against anything a fellow vampire could deliver.

The steps were slow and calculated, not rushing or hesitant. The man who owned them slowly revealed himself from the shadows, a deceivingly polite grin on his face.

He was tall, short compared to most though, with curly brown hair and stubble itching along his face. His eyes were dark and menacing, filled with malice and cruelty. Though his skin was pale there was something about him that set him different from the rest of us to the point he could pass most easily for a corrupt human.

David stepped forth towards my cage, making sure to be far enough away in case I tried to grab him. He cast me a smile as warm and welcoming as possible for someone as devilish as him. If it had not been tinted with a hint of annoyance it would have been believable.

"Raven. I'm so glad to have you back." David said deceivingly fake. I only narrowed my eyes at him, keeping quiet in hope he'd get straight to the point.

When I didn't answer, an irrated smirk tugged on his face making him that much more ugly.

"I heard you have been dabbling with an unauthorized species. Naughty girl." David said, starting his speech.

"You see for a while now we have been facing off against those stupid mutts. Because of the mortality possibility of war, we had agree to stay in peace with them. Even though I wanted to extinct them filthy pups, I had to live with that. But just recently one of the dogs, the Alpha no less, broke the treaty taking one of our own and holding them prisoner." The man began to circle around my cell, trapping me in like one of my own prey.

"At first, I planned just to send your friend Alex and a few others to come and get you so we would plan an attack later. Then, however, I found out your that poor mutts mate." My heart clenched involuntarily at the remark. From his attitude so far, I knew what would come next would be bad.

An even wider smirk grew on David's face, knowing he'd caught me in his web.

"So I brilliantly hatched an plan. Alone, we wouldn't stand a chance against the wolves, they out number is quiet substantially. But together paired with an common enemy, we could destroy them at the roots. Pairing up with the rogues would allow us secrets only real werewolves know. We that we could take down those arrogant mutts and have all the land and prey to ourselves." A triumphant smile was now shining on the man's face, victory just barely at his grasps. He had been waiting for this moment ever since we appointed the leader ten years ago. Back then we had chosen Richard because David's methods we thought as to barbaric. But now, with war brewing, that was exactly what this clan wanted. Revenge was something all vampires craved.