20

*****Camila's POV*****

I laughed loudly, but stopped when she didn't join me. "Dinah" I chuckled, "are you serious?" She turned towards me and looked at me with those big beautiful brown eyes. Her eyes always gave away how she was feeling. They let me know how serious she was about this whole thing. "Where is this coming from, Hansen?" Dinah grabbed my hand gently, rubbing her thumb over my knuckles. She was nervous. "I just. Well, I wanted to make you mine forever. I know we're young, but who says we're not ready for this? I mean, we're already having a baby together."

I sat up, kind of overwhelmed. "Dinah. Y-.... You're saying some really crazy shit right now." I mean, we know and love each other. I know I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. But did we have to do it right not. We're only nineteen.

"What the fuck is so crazy about me wanting to marry you?" Her tone was harsh. First rule of dealing with pregnant women; don't stand between them and what they want. And right now, she wanted to marry me. "Like, is there a problem with me loving you and wanting to put a lock on it?" "No Dinah. That's not what I-."

She slammed her hand on the bed and it made me jump. "Oh, shut up Karla! I swear to God, you never wanted this from the beginning. I knew it." I tried to reach over for her hand slightly, but she pulled away. "Don't fucking touch me, Camila."

"Dinah. Please! Listen to me!" She just held her head and screamed loudly. "Leave. Leave me the fuck alone, Camila! Get the fuck out of here!" I could see that her heart rate was going up on her monitor. "You gotta calm down. You're gonna hurt the baby?" "Don't tell me what to fucking do! You don't have any right!"

I guess doctors heard and immediately ran to action. Her heart rate was through the fucking roof, and it had to be hell on the baby. "Something isn't right" one of the doctors yelled. They pulled me away and practically dragged me out the room. "This baby is coming now!"

"Wait a minute. Dinah!" Despite all my screaming, they wouldn't let me go. "That's my baby you fucking bastards. Let me go!" "If you keep fighting Ms. Cabello, we'll have to kick you out. And you need to sign the papers when we bring your baby into the world. You want that, right?"

I just nod quietly and sit in the chair outside of her room. Ally, Normani, and Lauren were at the hotel. It was literally across the street, which was a pretty good call for people who were visiting patients.I guess if I don't call, they wouldn't hear about it. So I opened my phone and called them.

"Is the baby okay?" Of course Ally would start the conversation like that. "Can you put it on speaker? I don't wanna go over it more than once." "Alright, we're all here" Lauren called out.

"The baby. It's coming now. Like, right now. I got kicked out the room but I can still hear it all. There was us arguing. Then she started to scream at me. Her heart rate on the monitor beeped loudly. And faster. It was so much faster. Then it was wordless screaming. And they dragged me out. She was so...angry, and in pain. And she....she..."

I couldn't even breath anymore. I started to hyperventilate heavily. "Calm down, Mila" Normani said. I wanted to speak, but I couldn't. "We'll be there in a second. Just hold on."

Almost as soon as they hung up, they were here holding me. Holding me to show me that there was still a chance. I had been so wound up that I was just dancing on the edge of a mental breakdown. Like always, my girls were here for me in my time of need.

"You're okay, Camz" Lauren said as she softly stroked my hair. I had my head laying on her chest, trying to catch my breathing. I knew I had to be strong for Dinah and our baby...but I didn't know how to be. We didn't have enough time to prepare. We hadn't released an album in so long. We couldn't afford a child. Even if we wanted one. Wait a second...do we still want one?

I pulled away and wiped my eyes, looking at all of the girls. They were just as teary-eyed as I was. "Guys. Can I ask you something?" They all just nodded. "This baby has a slim chance of living through this procedure; I know that. But what if I...she... we're not ready for this child? What if we can't provide for him/her? I don't want my kid to grow up struggling. They don't deserve that. It wasn't their choice to be brought into this fucked up world anyway."

"I don't know, Mila" Normani sighed. She moved next to me and grabbed my hand, rubbing my knuckles with her thumb in a reassuring manner. "You guys have every right to be scared. I know I was when I found out." Poor Ally had been through so much. We all had, in our own ways. I can't even imagine what Dinah's going through right now.

"If you know you couldn't take care of the baby" Lauren started, "What would you do?" "Adoption obviously, but to someone we directly know." As I completed my thought, an idea hit me. "Guys, I'll be right back. I gotta go make a phone call real quick. Come get me though, in case anything at all changes."

I walked outside of the hospital and took a deep breath of the chilled night air. I needed my head to be completely clear before I make this call. If I say anything that seems off to them, they might not consider my offer. I'd have to talk to Dinah with them after the fact, but I just had to say this now.

I opened up my contacts and clicked his number. I silently prayed as the phone rang. It was my coping mechanism now for all the waiting I had to do. Waiting for someone to give me answers on Dinah's return. Waiting for the next text or call from a psycho. Waiting for Dinah to be out of the hospital. Waiting for Normani to get out of prison. Waiting for this baby to be okay. And now, waiting for this damn phone.

"Camila? How are you, love?" I chuckled softly. "I've been better, sir. We've all been better actually. I just thought you should be one of the first ones to know that the baby is coming as we speak." He gasped loudly. "That's insane! She had another three months." "I know. But the baby is coming right now and as its second parent, I have to take some responsibility for the child and tell you what I need you to hear." "And what do I need to hear, Ms. Cabello?"

"What would you say if I asked you to adopt our baby?"