Chapter 2: Four Years-Old

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong, baby?" Niall asked while he made his way to the crib in a few swift steps. He put the bar down first before picking her up carefully and resting her on his hip.

"T-Tummy...t-tummy huwts, p-papa!" she cried, gripping his shirt as her tail hid between her legs.

He frowned as he bounced her gently, placing the back of his palm against her forehead. "You're burning up...," he mumbled before grabbing her fox. "Here, baby. Mr. Fox wants to make you feel better."

She sniffled, tears still rolling down her cheeks as he grabbed her doll from him, hugging it tightly.

He rubbed her back and sighed gently as he made his way out of her room, making his way down to Harry and Louis' room. He gently used the back of his knuckles to knock on the door, kissing Darcys forehead gently.

As he waited, he could hear Louis telling him to get it in a raspy voice before there was a groan. He chuckled as he heard feet hit the wood floor and the bed springs squeak before the sound of footsteps made their way to the door.

Once the door was opened, Harry rubbed his face and mumbled a frustrated 'what' towards the Irish lad. He slowly opened his eyes, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he noticed Darcy. He felt his heart clench when he saw her tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes, a frown finding its way on his lips. "What happened?" was all he asked before taking her from Niall.

"She says her tummy is hurting and she might have a fever..." Niall said, rubbing the back of his head while watching Harry set Darcy down on his bed. "I'm gonna run her a cold bath. Hopefully it brings her fever down."

Darcy sniffles as she rubbed her, shaking her head slowly as she whimpered out, "N-No...no baf, p-papa..."

Niall smiled and leaned down to kiss her forehead. "It'll help you, love. Just stay here with daddy and dada," he said before walking out of the room to get the bath started.

Harry hummed gently as he gently rubbed her head, a few specs of sleep still in his eyes but he ignored it, kissing her forehead gently. Is my kitten not feeling good?" he asked quietly, a frown forming when she had nodded. "My poor baby."

"She sick?" Louis asked, rolling over with his eyes opening just enough to look at them.

Harry let out a soft sigh as he opened the drawer of his nightstand and pulled out a thermometer. "It feels like she does but we'll have to check after her bath,"" he said to Louis, placing a gentle kiss on Darcy's forehead. 

Louis hummed and sat up, stretching before he looked at the little kitten. "She's been getting sick a lot lately...she...also hasn't been messing her nappy for at least a week," he said, rubbing her back softly. 

"You think she could be getting sick from not messing?" Harry asked, looking at Louis with a raised eyebrow before looking back at Darcy when he heard her whimper. 

"Well...do we know if she has had all her shots?" 

"No...not that I know of," Harry mumbled, rocking his little girl gently. 

"Considering she's part cat and human, she needs certain shots for each."

Harry blinked before making an 'O' with his mouth, smiling nervously. "I-I guess that would help," he said, rubbing the back of his neck gently. 

Darcy sniffled and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands, catching a few stray tears before they fell. She hiccuped gently as her ears sagged and pressed against her head, tail wrapped around her wrist gently. Her curls sticking to her sweat covered forehead as her cheeks had a soft tint of red painted on them, a few tear strains covering them.