Bryson smiled, “I had my doubts that you were afraid of anything. I mean you did explode on me about how your mom will get on to you when I towed-” Bryson stopped mid sentence and stared blankly at me. “How about we get out of here?” He quickly added.  

I was going to ask what he was about to say, but I wanted to leave here even more.

“Here, I bought you some clothes. Figured you wouldn’t want to leave the hospital wearing a paper gown.” Handing me a paper bag, he grinned at me.

My heart melted as I grabbed the bag. “Thanks.” I got off the bed stood in front of Bryson. “Mom and I walked a little today. My legs seem back to normal now,” I proclaimed.

Bryson, who still wore a smirk, nodded. “Good, I’m glad you are getting better in at least that department.”

My lips twitched up for I was so happy to have Bryson in my life right now. Without warning Bryson, I pulled him into a hug. “Bryson, when we leave here ... you are going to help me remember right?”

Wrapping his arms around me, Bryson replied, “of course, Baby. I love you and will do anything for you.”

We released each other and I just stared at his beautiful face. “Good ... In return I promise to be a good girlfriend -- or shall I say fiancé. I will cook, clean-”

“Lets just take this all one step at a time, okay?”

I giggling and looked down at the bag. “Okay ... I guess I will go get changed...” Twisting around I started to walk away but something inside of me made me pause. I have no idea what overcame me but I suddenly turned back around, got on my tippy toes, and placed a kiss on his cheek. I ignored his utterly shocked face and raced off to the bathroom.

Upon closing the door I felt my heart pound to a wild beat at its own accord.

Pushing past my crazy emotions, I opened the bag and pulled out the clothes.

Smiling I saw that he bought me a plain purple (which was my favorite color) cotton, short sleeve, shirt and some light blue, bleached ripped jeans.

Quickly, I slipped out of my paper gown and put on the shirt he bought me. As I was getting ready I couldn’t help notice that my headache was gone. Honestly, I think it was a mixture of my breathing / constant thoughts that I was going to be okay and, of course, the main reason, Bryson.

His name made me smile as I zipped up my jeans and looked at myself in the mirror.

Yesterday was the first day I looked at myself in the mirror. I was shocked to say the least. Since the age of thirteen I had grown in height and sizes, if you know what I mean. My hair was noticeably longer and blonder than I last remembered. I don’t know if I dyed it a lighter color or it just became like this over the years.

My hand reached up and touched the white diamond stud on the side of my nose. I liked it, I thought once more. I’ve no idea what possessed me to get such a thing but, now, I felt rebellious, in a way, with a nose ring. I can only imagine how my father reacted when he saw it. No doubt he was pissed beyond belief.

“Hurry up, Elle,” Bryson gritted from the other side of the door.

Glancing over myself once more, I sighed before walking over to the door and opening it.

Leaning against the wall right beside the door was Bryson. He had a bored look on his face that made me feel guilty for not getting ready faster. “Sorry for taking so long. I tried to hurry.”

Bryson shrugged his shoulders and gave me a look that I couldn’t read. “It’s fine, let’s just go.”

“Wait, what are we going to do about my mother?” I questioned as I thought of her coming into the room and not seeing me in my bed. She would flip out and send a search party out looking for me.