As I approached them, Sheharyar gets up and salam me, with his usual thin smile.

"Wallaikum Assalam. How are you?" I asked.

"Alhamdulillah. And you?"

"I am fine to too Alhamdulillah."

"I called your house yesterday but no one picked up. Did something happen? Kids didn't do anything, right?" He asked quite worriedly.

"No, they didn't do anything. I went to my father's home and besides, even if they had done something, it wouldn't be a problem. They are the reason for happiness in my life." I said, looking at the kids, who had already jumped into the car.

All of a sudden, my eyes went wide and I quickly turn my face to Sheharyar when I realized what I had said. But I couldn't guess what meaning he took from what I said, as he was staring at the ground.

"You are a very kind person." He lifted his head and said.

"Please don't say such things. I am just a normal person." I said, handing over the kids' bags.

"It is true... Anyways, I have a favour to ask."

"Ji (what)?"

"Can you help me today with them?" he said, looking towards the kids.

"What do you mean?"

"Actually, at first I thought I could handle them alone but right now I am having doubts on my ability after watching their excitement." He let out a sigh and I lower my face to hide my smile.

"You don't have to hide your smile. I am aware that men can't handle kids like how women can." He chuckled before saying.

"Then I must say you are an exception, I've never seen any man treating kids with such care. Even Ehtesham lacks many things."

"Ehtesham wasn't so close with the kids. His involvement increased after Taimoor's death."

"And you? When did your involvement increase with them?"

"Since my sister died. She was my only sibling, I couldn't leave her kids just like that." He said, looking towards the kids, with a distant look in his eyes.

"Anyways, I should be going. Allah Hafiz." He said with a formal smile after a few moments of silence.

I nodded and he takes his leave, but he hardly reached his car when I called out his name.

"Yes?" He turns his face to me, with somewhat an expected expression.

"Can I come?" I abruptly asked.

A real smile appeared on his face, before saying 'Sure'. And that's when I realized what I had asked.

Shit...

~*~

"I think it's better if you drop us home now." I said from the back seat of Sheharyar's car and glanced at dizzy Taha. It's just two at noon but he's already so exhausted that he couldn't keep his eyes open. Maybe because he kept on running all over the place, trying to touch the animals.

"If you are worried about Taha, then don't. He will eventually wake up when we put a full plate of French fries." He smiled, keeping his focus on the road.

"You make him eat French fries?" My eyes widened, "Do you know how harmful they are?"

"I know, but I don't think it will do much harm since you are taking such good care of their health." He explained abruptly but there was something in his voice that made me think, it's better to remain silent now.

He stopped the car in front of a restaurant near the beach and turned back.

"I hope more sun rays won't bother you after spending three hours in the Zoo. Come on, Sadaf." He said to me and then to Sadaf before getting out of the car.

Sadaf jumped out the car when Sheharyar opened the door to pick Taha up and I also silently step outside. He leads the way, carrying sleeping Taha in his arms and both Sadaf and I followed him behind, holding each other's hands.

"Apiya..... (big sister)" We were about to settle ourselves at a table of four when I heard a familiar shriek from behind and my body went stiff.

_____________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

Happy Women's Day :)

Sorry for the short update but hey! I update it early. so please don't complain about this chapter.

I read your every comment and it really amazes me how perfectly you guys are swallowing a character like Ehtesham. I thought most girls like prince charming type Mr Perfect.

Thank you for your support. I am really enjoying writing this story because of you.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)

My Four Eyed Husbandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें