4.8; "Let me go."

Start from the beginning

"It's perfect. I'm so happy for Maya, mom. She's finally going to have a family." I grinned contagiously, and my mom smiled back, as she rubbed my shoulder, before we began to walk towards another building, it was a tiny one but I'm assuming that's where everyone was supposed to be getting ready at.

"I'm happy for her, too. I'm also happy for Shawn, he's always wanted a family and he cares for Maya so much." Mom responded, before we reached the building. Suddenly, we heard music blaring out lightly, and sounds of people talking and some yelling.

We through the doors and walked down a hallway, until we reached a large room. There were  vanity's behind vanity's set up, Katie and Maya were sitting down getting there makeup done in robes, along with some other girls.

Maya looked over and noticed me, and she gave me a wide smile so I quickly ran over and sat next to her.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, before I saw my mom run over to Katie. "Hey peaches. How are you doing?" I asked with a large smile. Maya grinned. "Amazing, I can't wait." She replied, as the makeup lady began to finish her makeup. She looked beautiful.

"You ready to get ready?" Maya asked, before we both realized what she said and giggled together. "Yes." I smiled, before I set down my bag beside me, and a lady walked over to me.

"This will be a great day.." Maya trailed off, and I smiled, as I looked down to my lap. I get to see Lucas in a tux, oh my. Did I just now realize that?

"Yeah it will." I blushed.

......

After we had finished getting pictures taken, it was time for the wedding to start. I could feel the anxiousness yet excitement, it was weird. Someday I'm going to get married and have my own family, I'm sixteen almost seventeen soon, my life is moving on. And it still scares me that a part of me is missing, that I don't remember.

I nibbled on the edge of my lip as we walked over to a sidewalk behind the tall bushes where the trail was. I was too busy in my own thoughts, until I heard a pacing breath. I tilted my head over to Maya, snapping out of my selfish thoughts.

I set my hand underneath Maya's chin and tilted her head up towards me, as I smiled. "It's going to be okay, peaches." I whispered, before her lips curved upwards. "I know. It's just, I'm going to have a dad after this." She spoke softly, and I could see tears build in her eyes. I pouted my lips before I embraced the blonde girl in a hug.

We were waiting for our cue, before we heard the music begin to play. We pulled apart, and I turned to my side as I was handed a bouquet of yellow roses. Me, my mom, and Maya were the bridesmaids. My dad, Maya's boyfriend Josh, and Farkle were the groomsmen.

I was wearing a long blush pink dress, that was strapless and silky. I felt like a princess, the only time I ever have. Unless I was with Lucas..

"Ready?" Someone spoke, snapping me out of my daze yet again. I let out a light chuckle, as I turned around. "Yes." I said, linking arms with Farkle. He smiled.

We all lined up, before we began to waltz out.

Suddenly, I felt all eyes on me and Farkle. Maya was behind me with Josh, and behind them were my parents. I saw some people I knew within the crowd, so I waved and smiled brightly. That's until I saw him.

My heart began to pace faster, and my mind was swirling. His green orbs were staring into mine, and I could feel everything intensifying by the second. His jaw was slightly drawn down, as his eyes trailed up and down, before I began to blush. What? Aren't you used to seeing a girl in a gown everyday with fancy hair?