3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."

T H I R D * P OV

It was a warm, sunny day. Riley was walking down the street towards school, with her earbuds in her ears. A song by The Beatles was running through her mind, as she adored vintage music. You could clearly tell, from her attire also, with her high waisted jeans and Beatles tee that was tucked in loosely, along with some leather vans.

The sun was beaming down on her tanned skin, as her slightly curly hair flowed behind her as she skipped along, not minding anything else. She was feeling happy.

Once the school came into sight, she looked down to her phone to change the song. Not realizing where she was going, she accidentally felt herself bump into someone. Her earbuds instantly flew out of her ears,

"Oh I'm so sorry-" She immediately spoke, before she looked upwards. Suddenly she lost her breath yet again.

Her eyes longed into emerald green ones that were sparkling with light.

"It's alright." Lucas said, before softly smiling. Riley felt a blush creep up onto her cheeks, realizing that they had just repeated what they had said to each other the first time they met.

They both just looked into each others eyes for a moment, breathlessly. After the moment they had just had two days ago, everything felt intense.

"Hi." Riley finally spoke, as she innocently smiled. Lucas looked down as he chuckled, before he gazed into Riley's eyes again.

"Hey." He said, as his lips softly curved upwards.

It was odd, Riley thought. How it seemed that gravity always seemed to pull her and Lucas together, no matter where and how. She always seemed to find her way to him. Everytime she was in his arms, she felt home. Home is in your arms, and when I'm with you.

Riley suddenly felt something grazing against her arm, so she looked downwards. She noticed that Lucas was holding onto her, most probably so that she didn't fall when she bumped into him. But what she actually realized was that this was just like the first time.

"You're holding onto me." Riley whispered, as she looked into his eyes. Lucas just softly smiled. "I kind of made a promise." He replied back. Riley instantly felt her the butterflies dance around in her stomach. She smiled back.

"We should probably get to class." Riley suddenly said, before slightly chuckling. Lucas nodded his head. "Yeah." He spoke, before he grazed his hand down her arm and through her hand, before walking past her, but stopping so she could catch up. Every time their hands touched, they felt as if they were touching each others souls, and they knew it.

Riley stood there frozen for a moment, her emotions getting the best of her. She knew what he was doing, so she turned around and gave him a devious smirk, before walking up towards him, before they smiled to each other and headed towards the doors.

As they walked into school, Riley instantly saw Maya, and Farkle, and Daniel standing against Riley's locker, just her luck.

She looked over to Lucas, and Lucas knew what she was thinking. Neither Maya or Farkle were fond of Lucas at the moment, so Lucas knew it was probably best to not intrude. "I'll catch you later." Lucas gave Riley a smile, and Riley instantly felt home, reassured.

"Okay." She softly spoke, before Lucas walked away. Riley looked back to the group, as she noticed Maya was staring at her in confusion. Riley put on a happy smile, before trotting over to everyone.

"Hi." Riley smiled, as she moved past all three of them whom were just staring blankly at her. She opened up her locker to get her books, before she turned around, as she swiftly shut her locker.