2.8; "New beginning."

7 Months Later

Riley Matthews sat against a tree, holding her journal close. The warm summer breeze brushed against her face, as the bright sun beamed down onto her.

She looked radiant, beautiful. Her new short brown hair sat just above her shoulders, as it flowed through the wind. It looked like a new her, she was happy,

she was strong,

and she was confident.

She's been through so much that she's finally turned it into a positive thing almost,

She hasn't thought about Lucas hardly at all the past three months, she's just been moving on.

She still wondered, but she never pondered too long. She just let it rest, she was finally happy and she wasn't going to let anything ruin that for her anymore.

She just let it be and she's moved on with her life for good.

Or so she thought.

Riley smiled to herself as she wrote in her journal, having nothing but good things to write down.

She was just happy. It was a new beginning for her.

She had the most amazing best friends, a new found confidence, a nice boyfriend and everything is good in life for her right now. Riley finished writing about her day yesterday, before she closed her journal and stood up. She looked around the park, it was mid morning and the birds were chirping and the sun was beautifully bright, it was warm and she loved days like these.

Riley walked along the grass by the river, as she hummed along to a song stuck in her mind. Her phone suddenly buzzed from her back pocket, so she quickly swooped it out and answered.

"Heyy." She spoke, lingering the 'y' in a sassy tone.

"Hay gurl." Maya mocked back, slightly giggling. Riley laughed, "What's up?" She said. "Wanna hangout with Farkle, Zay and me at Topanga's later?" Maya queried.

"Can my boyfriend tag along?" Riley asked, smiling, but then she realized that Maya couldn't see her. Silence lingered for a moment, Maya didn't care for Riley's boyfriend, she always thought that she would be with someone else, someone else that was right  for her, but that person has been gone for 7 months.

"Yeah, sure. Meet us here at two." Maya finally replied. "Okay got it, see ya then peaches." Riley retorted in yet another sassy tone. Maya chuckled, "Cya peaches." She replied before hanging up the phone.

Riley took her sweet time to walk home, before she finally got there to change.

>>>>>>

Riley was basically crying of laughter with Maya at something Zay had said.

"And he was like, is it a  big one?! And she goes oh yeah." Zay said. Everyone was laughing so hard. "Zay you need to become a comedian, its necessary." Riley breathed, letting her last chuckle out before she sipped on her smoothie.

"I'd make an amazing one wouldn't I? Don't you agree." Zay said in a smoldering tone towards Maya. Maya rolled her eyes with a smile.

"I have a boyfriend for your information, so don't you dare give me that look." Maya spoke, pointing her index finger at Zay's chest. Zay backed up, putting his hands up in surrender.

Riley chuckled at the two. "You and Josh have been dating for 7 months, you guys are getting serious?" Riley asked, before hopping up onto a seat next to Farkle who was devouring some ice cream.

"As serious as Sophmore's can get." Maya blushed, setting down her peach smoothie. Riley nodded, before looking down towards her phone.

Suddenly she felt a poke to her side from Farkle. "Your boyfriends here." Farkle said aloud. Rileys head immediately perked up towards the doorway, before she slightly smiled, jumping off of her seat and walking over to her boyfriend.

"Hey Daniel." Riley smiled. "Hi babe." He grinned, leaning down to give Riley a kiss on the cheek.

Nothing. Riley felt hardly nothing, she hasnt ever which made her frown slightly.

Daniel was the sweetest boyfriend ever, but it sometimes it just didn't feel exciting.

Riley took Daniel's hand before they walked over to the gang. They've been dating for two and a half months now, they were both happy.

The gang just hung out together, talking, laughing, being happy, eating of course. They've forgotten all the pain, and everything just seemed so simple now. And Riley loved that.

Everyone began laughing again at Zay's lame jokes, Maya's attempts to ignore Zay and Farkle's constant flirts, and Riley and Daniel throwing ice cream sprinkles at each other from time to time. The rest of the day was just full of laughter and adventures.

>>>>>>

Everyone decided to go to the beach later on in the day,

While Zay and Farkle and Daniel headed into the ocean, Riley stood back and she watched as the water and clouds floated by.

It silent, peaceful, before she suddenly felt an arm link around hers.

She turned her head to the side, to see Maya smiling at her.

"Are you okay?" She asked. And for once, she was. Riley was all okay.

"Yes." Riley smiled.

Because Riley was okay,

or so she thought.

>>>>>>>

A/N: hahahaha im just waiting for the comments about how much everyone hates Daniel because well, EW. Right? But anyway this is the last chapter for 2015. I just want to thank everyone single one of you guys who comments, reads and votes on my story. I love you all and hope you have an amazing new years eve and a new year <3