0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."

R I L E Y

Today has felt like the longest day ever. I've met a lot of people so far, a nice girl named Isadora, and a couple of other people. Also there's this really cute boy in my English class, I'm not sure of his name though. He has bright blue eyes and brown hair, but his eyes don't compare to Lucas's emerald green ones. Earlier me and Maya were walking down the halls, and I saw his arms slung around two girls who could pass as strippers. I wasn't jealous, but I kind of felt hurt. Kind of. I mean I didn't even know him so what am I thinking? Stop thinking about him, Riley. I know not to judge a book by its cover, but something is just so fascinating about him, I don't know what it is, or how to explain it. He's so mysterious, I just want to learn about him.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my daze by a hand waving in front of my face.

"Riley..."

"RILEY!"

I shook my head before focusing back onto Maya.

"Sorry." I said. It was the end of the day and I was exhausted, ready to go home.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick, don't fantasize off again." She lightly laughed. "Got it!" I yelled at her as she walked over to the bathrooms.

I opened up my locker, stuffing my books and necessities in. I slung my bag over my shoulder before closing my locker shut. A figure was leaning up against the locker right beside, making me jump and gasp. I suddenly felt my heart pound 10x faster. It was Lucas. He was smirking at me, as if it was funny to him that he scared me.

"Didn't mean to scare you." He said with a light smile. I pressed my lips together, letting out a soft laugh. "It's okay." I said gently. He just stared at me, as if he was staring straight into my soul. I finally got a better glance at him, he had messy dark blonde hair, he didn't have his leather jacket on so you could clearly see his muscles. His jawline was sharp and prominent, and he was really tanned. I just then realized I was checking him out.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." He winked. I let out an annoyed laugh. "Just curious." He looked into my eyes again. Dammit, why does he do that?

"I don't think we've properly met, I'm Lucas Friar." He said softly, setting out his hand. It was huge compared to mine.

"Riley Matthews." I replied, before hesitantly shaking his hand. Suddenly I felt butterflies swarm in my stomach. His hand was so soft, and it engulfed my tiny one. I could feel his thumb lightly graze against the back of my hand, making my heart race. I just then realized we were practically holding hands, well technically he was

holding mine. I let go, letting out an awkward cough.

"So I saw you with your lady friends earlier."

"Jealous much?" He smirked. I scoffed.

"I don't even know you, how could I be jealous." I said. He suddenly took a step closer to me. "Then get to know me." He replied, and I could feel his breath on me. "I can clearly already tell that you're a player." I swiftly turned around, starting to walk away to make distance between us, but he followed me. "You're right." He said, as if he was proud. I stopped and looked at him. "Girls aren't objects you can just play around with. And clearly I can tell you're trying to play me. Hate to break it to you but it's not gonna work on me." I gave him a smile. He just looked off to the side and laughed. "Why because you think I'm a troublemaker?" He replied In a cocky tone. "Seems like it." I said, ruder than I intended it too but he was on my last nerve.