3.2; "Save me."

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Was all Riley heard. The tapping of a pencil echoing throughout her seamless mind, she had began to wonder off during her first class. She let her emotions get the best of her.

She blankly stared in front of her, her vision becoming blurry as a memory came to her mind.

"Maya." Riley whimpered, as she held tight onto the blanket surrounding her. "What's wrong?" Maya queried. Riley had been mindlessly crying all day long. It was just yesterday that she had found out that Lucas was gone.

"I can't breathe." Riley suddenly said. Maya's eyes went wide in panic, as she quickly stood up. "What do you mean? Riley what's wrong?!" Maya instantly panicked. Riley started to cry even harder, the pain was engulfing her. The thought of Lucas being gone forever, it was causing her to have an anxiety attack.

"Riley!" Maya shouted, as Riley's body began to shake as she screamed. Maya cried, she tried comforting Riley but nothing was helping, the pain would just not go away. The agony, the tears the memories were all anxiously running throughout Riley's body.

"He's not here." Riley cried, as she covered her face with her hands. 'He couldn't save me.' was all Riley was thinking. Lucas wasn't there to help her, he wasn't there to calm her down. Because out of everyone she had ever known, Lucas was the only person, who could make it stop. Who made the pain go away, who made her calm when she was not under control.

He was the only one who could save her, but he wasn't there when she needed him most.

"Riley."

"Riley Matthews!"

Riley immediately snapped out of her daze in fright, the sound of the bell suddenly ringing throughout her ears loudly. She looked around in a panic, and realized all the students leaving the classroom.

"Oh my gosh." Riley bluntly said, as she covered her face in embarrassment. "I will not tolerate the foolishness of wondering off in class, Miss Matthews!" The teacher roared, whom, Riley had just not taken notice to, was right in front of her. All Riley could do was nod her head.

Riley sat there for a moment, trying to calm herself, her mind down. She was on the verge of tears but held them back.

"Leave, Miss. Matthews. You have done enough on the first day." The new teacher spoke. His name was Mr. Gray, and he was probably the rudest teacher Riley has ever had, and this was her first time ever meeting him. He already hated her and it the first class she had for the day.

Riley stood up, as she quickly grabbed her books and bag. She realized that the whole classroom was empty now, she must have dazed off for far too long.

She rushed out as fast as she could, and once she stepped out of the doorway from the room she stopped, closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Once she took a moment, she opened up her eyes, and suddenly she saw a green eyed boy standing in front of her. He must have just walked out of his class, that was right across the hall from hers. He stood in the doorway of his class, as he stared at Riley for a moment.

Riley just looked lost, she found no sort of serenity or peace by looking into his eyes anymore.

Riley tilted her head, before she bit her lip to hold back the tears. She can't look at him for more than two seconds without feeling her heart crack.

Riley quickly turned to her side to walk off, but she heard Lucas call after her.

"Riley!" He yelled. Riley cut a corner swiftly, and started walking up a staircase. She wanted to avoid him more than anything, but she knew it would be impossible.