Chapter Eighteen

Cassie's POV

It's been a few days since the fight between Cameron and his father. Cameron has been busy trying to figure out where Brody had escaped to. I was lying in bed when I got a call on my cell. Looking down I saw Dr. Mary's office. Yeah Cameron insisted on me getting checked so to shut him up I went for a checkup with him.

"Morning Mary." I said cheerfully.

"Morning Luna. How are you feeling today?" She questioned. Being called Luna was adjustment some members almost felt I wasn't entitled for that position, but I didn't care.

"I've been good. I little exhausted but overall good.

"Well, the results of your tests are in. I'd like you and Alpha Cameron to come into my office."

"Is everything okay?" I asked. Why would Cameron need to be there?

"It's just protocol, nothing to be worried about. I'll be here all day stop by when use can." I hung up with Mary and dialed my mother.

"Hey sweetie."

"Mom, can you take me to Mary's office?"

"Of course baby, is everything okay?" Her mother question in a concern tone.

"Yeah, I just need to get my results from some blood work I had done. Then we could hang out for the day. I miss you and dad... Especially Caleb."

"I miss you more honey, I'll pick you up."

"Okay." I hung up just in time because my mate walked through the door. He smiled walking over to me and wrapping me in his be arms. He seriously has grown in size over the last few days it crazy.

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear causing me to shiver. "I'm sorry I've been so busy, but my fathers been showing me the Alpha ropes."

"It's fine babe, I have to get used to not having you chase me around." I teased.

"Oh, is that so?" He said picking me up and wrapping my legs around his wide waist.

"Cameron stop! We can't right now." I giggled as his facial hair tickled my neck.

"Of course you can..." He said trailing butterfly kisses down my chest. Damn he knew how to turn up the heat in the room.

"No, I can't my mother is on her way I'm spending the day with her and then later with my father and brother. I haven't seen them and I miss them Cameron. You can't keep me confined forever" I said to him. He let go of my thighs and let me feet hit the floor.

"Cassie, it's not that I want you suck in here I don't mind you walking around pack lands but when you leave it's like I'm throwing you in a ocean full of sharks knowing you have a paper cut."

"Cameron that's my pack too. My father or brother would never let anything happen to me trust me on this... Please?" I looked at his face as he struggled with what he wanted to say. He closed his eyes and rolled his hand down his face.

"Okay, put please answer when I link you." He said kissing my lips then forehead.

"I promise." I whispered hugging him tight I knew this was hard for him after everything that has happened.

After finally breaking free from his arms I saw my mother drive up in my father's Infiniti truck. She got out and I ran to her giving her a hug. It felt so good to be in her arms I cried at that moment her touch her smell just like old times before any of this happened. She pulled back and saw me in tears, and kissed my head.