Chapter Eight

Cameron's POV

I looked at into her eyes hoping she would see that this is what I wanted, she it for me. But suddenly her eyes widen and I wasn't sure what to expect.

"You're my mystery wolf." She whispered this was it, she would hate me even more for lying once again to her. I put my head down in shame. Just then I felt her soft hands cup my face to look at me. She smiled shaking her head. "How long were you going to keep that from me Cameron?" she asked, I swallowed.

"I honestly was going to hold off as long as I could because that was the only way I could be near you without your running from me or hating me." I said she nodded turning from me and took a seat on the sofa. "Cassie what I did and the decisions I made weren't the best, but since it's me and you alone now with no interruptions, I think it's time I tell you what happen from the beginning." She looked at me debating if she was ready to hear what I was about to say. I took a sit next to her not to close just enough to give her space. I took a deep breath rubbing my hands down my face.

"It was on my sixteenth birthday when my parents had thrown me that over the top party which was one of the best night of my life because on that night when you walked out my kitchen door in a pair of cut off shorts and cut up skull-shirt and your converse, everything inside me sparked to life and had no idea why at that moment, but all that I could think was that the crush I had on you grew to be more and I truly was in love with you." I said turning to look at her as she sat there looking at me in disbelief. I smiled because she had no idea I was crushing on her since we were kids. There was just something about her and every time her parents came around I just wanted to be next to her instead of hanging with the boys until we got a little older and the guys started to notice my clingy behavior.

"A few days after my birthday I shifted into my wolf and when I saw you at school. I wanted to tell you I did, but every time I tried you always had that asshole Connor around and it would piss me off so I decided to just wait a few more months until you turned sixteen so that your wolf would recognize me as your mate, but things didn't work out that way at all. That day I saw you on top of Connor I nearly shifted on the spot I was pissed and I took my anger out on you in the process and I hurt you, which I hate myself for. I wish I could turn back the time and change what happened but I can't. When I found out your father decided to let you go to Paris, I had to find you and apologize, and tell you that you’re my mate, but your father wouldn’t let me see or talk to you. I tried but he kept me from you Cassie and I hated him for that." I growled as the memories came rushing back, I closed my eyes to control my breathing, but I immediately relaxed when Cassie placed her hand over my tightly balled fist.

"My mom told me to write you so I did, and no one would tell me where you were staying to send them to you...your father never gave your location to anyone just in case it got to me. Cassie, I never stopped loving you, you understand now why I lost it and hurt you it was an accident that I wish never happened." I said holding her hand she exhaled her eyes soften just a bit.

"Cameron, I'm sorry that you felt that way towards Connor and I, but you took the situation all wrong and just to let you know I never had feeling towards Connor other than like a brother. It was always you Cameron and I can forgive you for that, but what can't forgive you for is sleeping around with girls and on top my best friend knowing you had me as a mate... That is what hurt me the most. I just think that we need to take things slow get to know each other better, build trust before I make that decision with you...I just... I just don't trust you." She whispered and I felt my heart sink to the pit of my stomach, I cleared my throat. She had every right to feel that way.

"I'll wait then for as long as you need me to, as much as it kills me I'll wait for you, but I have one thing to ask because it will make me feel at ease... Let me mark you Cassie?" I asked as she got up from the sofa and walk out onto the dirt path.