Chapter Nine

Nate's POV

I watched as Cassie ran off in wolf form. She was a beautiful in her as her mother. What the fuck is wrong with me? Why I'm I taking everything out on her when this had nothing to do with her. I looked over at Cameron who wolf struggled to stay put while his mate ran off.

"Nate, man what going on really?" Nick asked. I looked at him debating if I should tell him anything after what just happen, but at the end of the day he was my friend.

"I don't know really Nick... I guess after finding out Cassie was Cameron's mate it just kind of hit home, and me and Alexa got into it. She through it in my face after eighteen years she finally expressed how she felt that day. I almost let her die. It hurt, that I wasn't the one to save her, but she did open my eyes to something, if she could forgive me on something that extreme as that then Cassie has every right to forgive Cameron for his wrong doings. Then I can forgive him too but... I think it really stems from me losing my baby girl." I said looking up towards the moon laminating bright in the sky. I felt Nick's hand on my shoulder as he gave a tight squeeze.

"Nate, my son's a good kid yeah he made some mistakes, but he's a teenage boy just think how we were that age... Probably ten times worst. Just give him a chance, I know he loves Cassie she'll be in good hands and I'll be here to make sure she's safe as well. She's my daughter now too." Nick said as I looked back at him. I hoped he was right. I look back toward where Cameron was and saw that he walked back into the club house I help Nick build for him.

"Let me go talk to him since, he’s my son forever now. I minus well break ice for Cassie's sake." I said.

"Hey Nick, you think you get me a pair of shorts I'm tired of standing here holding Tarzan." Nick laughed and nodded turning away towards the shed coming out with a pair of shorts and t-shirt and throwing them to me.

"Hey Nate, don't be to hard on him, he could be a hard head like his father." Nick said and walked off. I followed down the trail until I was in front of the door. I took in a deep breath and opened the door not bothering to knock. He was sitting on the sofa facing away from me drinking a corona.

"You do know your under age to be drinking." I stated he shrugged never turning to face me.

"What do you want? You all ready ruin my life, I hope you’re happy, no need for you to gloat in front of me." He said in a harsh tone. I walked over and sat on a sofa chair on the side of him. He kept his gaze straight ahead.

"I didn't come here to gloat, on the contrary I came here to apologize to you." I mumbled the words strenuously. He slowly looked towards me in disbelief, than turned away looking ahead again taking another swig of the bottle.

"For what? For keeping from my mate? Or from making her choose between you and I?" He asked coldly, which I guess I deserve. Wow he really is Nick son, stubborn as they come. I thought to myself.

"I guess all of the above, listen I love my daughter and I want nothing more then for her to be happy so I'm going to ask you as a man and Alpha. If I trust that you will make her happy?" I asked him he looked at me and stood up from his spot looking as tall as he can be, and put out a hand I looked at it for a moment then stood and took his hand.

"I Cameron Salvatore promise to care and love Cassandra Greene with all that I am." He said giving his sacred oath to me honoring an Alpha's daughter as his mate I nodded.

"I Alpha Nathaniel Greene honor your pledge for my daughter Cassandra Greene as your mate." I said as I pulled him in for a hug. "Let it be known son, if you hurt her your ass is mine, now go find your mate and bring her back safe and sound most likely she's by the falls its her favorite spot." I said as he pulled away and smiled.