Chapter 10: Only half a day

Yawning, i sat up and looked next to me. Natsu was laying there in my bed, fast asleep. I smiled and blushed lightly as I remembered last night. We've gotten so far, Natsu. But there is also so much more we have to uncover. I'm still grateful for what you and I have found so far, though. My eyes grew a little watery, but I wiped them away, getting up out from under the covers

Probably feeling the disappearance of my warmth next to him, Natsu's eyes cracked open. "Lucy...why are you getting up already...come snuggle in the bed with me more." His voice was a bit drowsy, but I still could understand him.

A small tinge of pink returning to my cheeks within a mere few seconds, I replied with a sigh. "No, pervert. If you want to sleep more, then you can. But today I have to go meet up with everyone. And if you don't get up soon, I'll leave you behind."

"But Lucccyyyy!" He winned.

"No buts. It's either you sleep in and don't go with me, or you can get you sorry butt up and get ready to come along. Your choice." I must of sounded a bit mean there, because he frowned at me, but still got up out of the bed. His hair a complete mess.

"Fine." He sighed. "But you have to help comb my hair, because one: You made me wake up, and two..." He blushed very slightly at me as he said the last part under his breath.

I cocked my head to the side, confused. "What was that?"

Natsu grumbled. " It feels nice, okay!" Plopping back down on the bed, he folded his arms up like a child and pouted with a tinge of pink on his cheeks.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, okay. But you should get dressed." Something then dawned on me. "Hey, have you seen Happy since last night?"

It took him a minute to think about it before he responded."No. Last I heard, he made friends with a stray cat named Carla and apparently they are starting to get along. When he came back then, he had a whole thing of fish in his hands and backpack. I made him clean it out because i know you wouldn't like it if he brought them inside."

"Hm. Well, we will just have to keep an eye out for him. You said that cat's name was Carla, right?" Natsu nodded. "Didn't we used to know someone with the cat of that name? I think it was Wendy or something?"

"Yeah. I think that there was someone by the name..." His face went blank as if in thought. "Well...we'll have to keep an eye out for all of them. So that means we have to watch out for Carla, this Wendy girl, and Happy. That's a lot." Yet again he pouted.

Grabbing a pair of cloths out of the closet, I handed it to him. "Here. Go change in the bathroom. Knock before you came back in, and then I MIGHT brush your hair." Natsu jumped up in excitement at that and quickly took the pair of clothing out of my hands, only to leave with a 'I'm all fired up' that made me giggle a bit.

How long has it been since I meet Natsu? Well, since the pet store, atleast... Glancing at the calendar where I had marked the day I would pick him out, I saw that I was actually on a whole new month. I then proceeded to walk over and unhooked it, looking to see that it had been a little over a month since we had meet each other at the pet store.

Wow, time flies by... Hanging the calendar back up, I looked over to my walls that had a few pictures of Natsu and I over the time we had lived in my house together. A smile crossed my face. I remember a lot of this, but it's gone by is such a blur at the same time. Taking the tack off of the oldest one of the pictures, I saw two different things fall. What?

Picking up both the picture and what seemed to be another picture that was stuck to the other before. "What the-?" I stared at the picture. Turning it around, I examined the date, only to look back at the picture in disbelief. "So this is what we used to look like together." A smile crossed my face, as well as some tears slightly welling up a fresh memory of Natsu from before popping in my head.