Chapter 8: One Step forward

We all sat together at the Fairy Tail guild hall library. Pulling out a couple pieces of paper and a few pencils, I pulled my head up and spoke. "So, first off, lets list off what we have learned so far, so we can gather up some facts. I'll start."

Putting the sharp pencil tip down on the thin paper, I listed out all the facts as I also spoke them aloud. "We know that Fairy Tail was supposedly attacked and our most powerful members were turned into Nekos. Then now, after adopting those Neko's, we find that they are regaining 'memories' of our supposed past as a team. The same thing is happening to us at the same time as far as regaining memories concerns us."

Everyone nodded in agreement, then Erza spoke. "But we also know that something is amiss if that is true, because the Guild was destroyed during the incident. At the same time, we find that all of us are having recurring actions that are very similar to each others. Such as the Neko's turning into real live people."

I quickly scribbled that down. "Do we know anything else that may be important to our theory? We need all that we can get."

Gajeel pointed at Levy and I both. "You both had a book on our adventures, right? One that you wrote yourself, if I remember correctly? Right, Lucy?"

A blush formed across Levy's cheeks. "Um. That's the thing, though. It's not too important. I mean...." She sighed. "Okay." She pulled it out. "It has information on our time as a group, but it's such a long read." All of us, except for the expecting Gajeel, stared at her.

Erza grabbed the book and hugged it. "Why didn't you tell us before! This is a BIG thing to have for a clue!" What??? I thought as she set it back down. "Okay. I've got a plan. We shall all read this individually. Each getting a day to read the book. Meanwhile, all of us will look in other places for clues such as why the guild is still standing, when it should be down on the ground."

I perked up. "That's it! Your a genious!"

Next thing I knew, I saw an Erza with a bit of an ego. "Why, thank you. You're too kind, Lucy." Why am I doing this again? Oh, yeah. For everyone. A slight sigh escaped my lips.

"Point being, we should probably figure out who gets it first. So. Who's ready for a big step that could probably change your entire view on what we all used to think was true? Anyone?" Everyone suddenly froze. The way I put it changed all their minds. What if that something that we don't know about hurts us more than we expect? How will that turn out?

I someone's hand hesitantly raise. Of course, it seemed to be the one person that was came up with the idea in the first place. "I'll do it." Erza, surprisingly nervous, grabbed the book. "But that means that all the rest of you need to do everything that is possible to figure out what happened to the old Fairy tail, our other selves knew." There was silence in the room for a moment, as everyone prepared for the very worst. Looking at each other, everyone came to the slight reality that all this might be just a dream in our imagination. But we were all ready for whatever came next in our adventure.

Erza continued. "Let's get going. I'll leave first. You guys all go out as you please, as this is a lot even for me to take in." Grabbing little Neko Jellal's hand, they walked out the door, leaving the rest of us to leave.

I probably will be the last one to go. I thought as I could barely take in what had happened as it was. There goes Levy and Gajeel. Both the burnet book reader and the steel eater dragon slayer got up and said good luck to the ones remaining.

Only a few moments later did Juvia realize that she should probably go too. "Juvia and Gray-sama are leaving now. Um.....Juvia has a feeling that everything will be different once everyone comes back together tomorrow. Juvia hopes it will be for the good." With that she walked through the library doors leaving Natsu and I alone at the once full table.