Chapter 6: Wanting a book of memories (Gale)

"AHHH" I woke up startled, not knowing how to react. I was panting real heavy, and couldn't quite get ahold of myself. Everything had just come back to me. About what happened at the fight to keep Fairy Tail in place, many missions that I did with my friends, and the one person that had caught my mind in particular. Gajeel Redfox.

Slowly calming myself down, I re-thought about what had just come back to me. Then I remembered the child that had grown twice now so suddenly was also named Gajeel. Every time that I get a piece of memory that I didn't know was forgotten, he always grows. Is he that same person that was turned into a cat. I can't remember the colors of the cats. Oh, why.

My panting had finally slowed down, so I coaxed slugged myself out of my bed. Moving my feet, I jumped as my foot brushed up against something soft and fuzzy. W-what was that!

Very slowly, I looked down to see a tuft of black hair and kitty ears under my bed. "Oh, dear. Gajeel. Please get out from under the bed." He didn't move. "Gajeel, please. Don't make me pull you out."

Because he was not moving an inch from under the bed, Levi got irritated. Getting off the bed, she grabbed the Neko kids ear. Sometimes he can be such a pain. Pulling it proved to be a challenge. "Shesh. How much did you gain? I mean, sheesh. You were so light just yesterday."

I sighed as I saw the Neko move to where I could see his black eyes staring at me from under the bed. "You know I actually don't know how I liked laying under here. It makes no sense now."

Wh-what! Falling backwards onto the floor after hearing how deep his voice was, I sat there wonder just HOW MUCH had he grown. "Gajeel....um....do you mind coming out from under my bed. Please."

He grumbled as he pulled himself out from under the bed, and stood up. "This good, shrimp? Gehe." He did a weird laugh as he kneeled down at me. "You okay?" Gajeel is back to the way he was. I think. I...I don't....know how to react, because I just gained all of my memory about Gajeel in my dream. I mean....

I felt a little bit of fear mixed in with sadness fill my mind. What do I do! Gajeel, from what I remember, was the one I treasured. How do I handle this? HOW! My eyes widened a bit about what I saw in front of my face.

"Here. I'll help you up." He looked at me out of the corner of his eyes at me and smirked. Blushing a bit, I grabbed his hand. Helping me up, lost balance and bumped into his firm chest. "Careful, shorty. We don't want anyone to get hurt, now do we. Especially me, since I have my good looks to uphold."

I just laughed a bit. "Yeah. But before that, I need to read some." Better to get my mind off of the subject, right now. Standing on my tips of my toes, I went grabbed a book off of the shelf, but couldn't reach it quite.

"Gehe." Gajeel laughed at me.

My face went dull. "Welllll....you could help me, ya know. That would be nice if you would." All the sudden, while I wasnt' looking at him, I felt something brush up against my back, making me blush as I looked up at Gajeel.

He looked down at me. "What? You wanted help, didn't you?" My face went even more red as I looked at the ground.

"Y-yeah." He gave me the book and I sat down. What was that about?

Pulling myself closer to my book, I began to read, but couldn't get Gajeel off of my mind. Hmmm....I don't know what I am going to do with him on my mind.... I wonder what he is doing, though. He seems awfully quiet. More than normal, that is.

Peeking over the corner of my shoulder at Gajeel, I found to my surprise, was reading a book too. I stared for a minute, then looked up. "What? It's not like a guy can't read. Besides. This book I have been wanting to finish for a while." Who knew that Gajeel read. Hmm.