Chapter 5: Realization of Memories

I watched in shock, not knowing at all what to do. He had been there for only a little while, but he had calmed down a bit. Natsu wasn't rustling around anymore, but was still panting and sweating madly.

I kept hold of his hand, crying. Even if right now it feels like I have known him for a short time, I have in reality known him for a while now. The thing is, I am so afraid. I can't move a muscle.

His breathing slowed down, and he stopped sweating as much as he was. I watch as fear gripped me even more. I watched as he turned to practically stone, because he looked like he was died.

I quickly shook his hand, trying to get a reaction, but none came. Natsu...? Natsu...? Something suddenly hit me. Natsu! I put my chest next to his ear and listened to his heart and lungs. To my relief they were still going.

Getting up without taking an eye off of the hurt Natsu, I walked to what looked like the kitchen and grabbed a towel, soaking it with cold water.

Walking back I folded the cloth and put it onto his head and sat there next to him. Eventually, even though I was worried, I fell asleep against my will, because i was exhausted.

Not remembering that I fell asleep next to Natsu, when I woke up, I was surprised for a couple reasons. One: Natsu was sitting right next to me. Two: Natsu was awake. "Natsu!"

I jumped a bit as I watched him stretch. "I remember....a lot..." He covered his mouth as he yawned. Once he caught himself, he spoke again. " Those were the times we went on missions. I had so much fun then. And how I felt...I....I...I can't remember that." He looked at the ground. "The memory's came out of nowhere, though."

He looked upset. Natsu. You remember your memory's? Even I don't remember everything about the missions we suposably went on. "Natsu..." He looked at me in surprised a bit. "...um...I don't totally remember everything. It's so muddled up." I didn't know why, but I started to cry a bit.

"Luce. Are you okay. Your crying." He put his hand on my cheek, whipping the tears off with his thumbs ever so gently.

Why am I crying?... I must have a lingering feeling I can't quite remember about him that makes it so hard. "Sorry. I don't really know why I am crying. But for some reason, I still feel like I am missing a lot of information."

He got up. "Well.....all we can do is just try to continue to figure this stuff out together. I mean, what's the point if we stop after we come this far, right?" He smiled at me. " I did get this image of me using my magic, though."

The thought of that went through my mind. If it's true that he remembers being able to use his Dragon Slayer magic, then maybe that is why he had such an attack on him. Maybe that was because he regained his some of his powers. Getting back up, I looked at him. "Yeah, your right. By the way, about what you just said. Can you try to use your magic again. I have an idea."

He stared at me for a moment before responding. "Uh, yeah. I think..... hm...." He got up and walked out the door, with me following him. "Fire dragons Iron fist?" His hands went into flames as he fell back in shock.

"That's it!" I jumped a bit and ran to him. "Yes! You can use your magic again!" I leaned down next to him so my head almost touched his shoulder.

Suddenly he turned. 'Bu-bump, Ba-bump' I frozen the moment I saw his face that close. Natu's so close that he is making my heart throb. It really is....beating in my chest fast. I stared at him for a minute as I felt his breath hit my lips.

Hysterically laughing, I got back up on my feet. "You should try it again, and observe it more. You won't get hurt, since it is just magic." I hope.