The New Job

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating in forever! Hopefully this one shot will kind of make up for it! Please no silent readers! Enjoy!

I nervously walked into the giant building on Blossom Street, Fred Industries. It was huge with its towering point, glittering windows, and not to mention fifty stories. It was enormous. It also didn't help that I was here for a job interview in front of the CEO, Mr. Hamada. I also had no idea what he looked like, so that was a great help.

I looked around at all the businesslike people, moving in businesslike ways, and doing businesslike things. I had never felt so out of place. I felt underdressed in my jeans and (f/c) t-shirt.

I stared with envy at one lady in particular as she passed by, her long blonde curls flowing behind her and the red miniskirt and top fitting her perfectly. As if she wasn't already flawless. Great. Now I felt self conscious, and I had self esteem issues.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" I said to the lady at the front desk. "I'm here for a job interview."

"Oh, yes! The job interview with Mr. Hamada!" She frowned as the phone rang again. "Just one second, please." I nodded and looked around quietly at the different furniture. One chair seemed to be floating. So high tech.

"What?" I looked back at the woman as her tone went from calm to panicked. "Is he alright? Do I need to come get him?" She sighed. "Okay, I'll be right there." She hung up and then the man next to her hung up on his phone call to stare at her. "What is it this time, Brenda?"

"My son. He's at school and he has a fever. I have to go pick him up because he's been throwing up." He's shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows at her. "Listen, if you leave, you're fired." Her eyes became wide and panicked. "Please, no! You don't understand what it's like to be a single mom! Please, just let me go pick up my son! I'll be right back, I promise."

He sighed, rubbing his temples. "Alright, Brenda. If you can find someone to cover for you while you're gone, you can go pick him up."

"Thank you," she smiled brightly at him, her tensed shoulders finally relaxing. "Good luck finding someone," he muttered.

"I'll do it," I volunteered with a shrug. "Wait, really?" I nodded and she jumped out of her chair like she might hug me. "Thank you so much! You're a miracle!" I smiled as she practically ran out the door as fast as her heels would carry her.

"Well," the man sighed. "Just start answering calls."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, this is (Y/N) from Fred Industries. How may I help you?" I tilted my head to the side, holding the phone between my ear and my shoulder as I attempted to write down what the caller wanted. "Yes, I-" I sighed as I was cut off by another incoming call. "Please hold. Hello, this is (Y/N) from Fred Industries. How may I help you?"

As I wrote down the caller's request, I couldn't help but feel a shadow looming over me. I looked behind me and gulped as I saw one of the most gorgeous men I'd ever seen. "Please hold." I pressed my hand against the receiver of the phone and smiled up at him. "Hi. Is there something you need help with?"

"Um, yes. I'd like to know who you are," he chuckled, his brown eyes twinkling as he smiled. "I'm (Y/N), I don't work here. I'm just covering for...I think her name was Brenda."

He nodded, then raised an eyebrow slightly. "You're not an employee, yet you're doing all of this by yourself?" I nodded. "Her son was sick and she had to pick him up, so I offered to cover for her."

"Well, let me get someone to help you out." He waved to a girl in a bright yellow dress. She walked over only to match the tall man's height. She was already tall, including her heels, she had a few inches on him. She was also beautiful. "Honey Lemon, would you mind filling in for Miss (Y/N) here for a little while until Brenda gets back?"