Swimming

You patiently rocked back and forth on your heels as you waited outside Fred's door, duffle bag in hand. He had invited you to come swimming with the group in his pool. You laughed softly to yourself as you remembered when you had found out where he lived. You agreed with GoGo about thinking he lived under a bridge.

"Hello, Miss (Y/N)," Heathecliff nodded at you as he opened the door. "Master Fredrick and the others are in the courtyard by the pool.

"Thank you," you smiled. You quickly made your way around the mansion to the courtyard where you found all of your friends.

"(Y/N)!" They exclaimed, running up to you and crushing you in a group hug. "Hey, guys," you laughed. "Little room? I can't breathe," you gasped for air.

"Sorry," Honey Lemon apologized as they all laughed and pulled away.

"Hey, (Y/N)." You turned to Tadashi Hamada, your long time crush. "Oh, hey, Tadashi," you smiled, biting your lip. It was a nervous habit of yours, and little did you know, it drove Tadashi insane. He could practically feel his stomach tying itself in knots and the butterflies attacking.

"Last one in is a rotten Baymax!" Hiro yelled, jumping in the pool. You laughed, pulling off your clothes to reveal your bright, (F/C) swimsuit and jumped in after him.

The rest of your friends followed suit except for Tadashi. "Tadashi's a rotten Baymax," Fred grinned.

"Yeah, yeah," Tadashi rolled his eyes. "Excuse me for wanting to put on sunscreen before I get in." You giggled at him then turned back to the others. You indulged in splashing each other and a game of Marco Polo.

Wasabi was it and you looked around for a place to hide. You flashed a smile at Tadashi, who was still not in the water, having claimed the sunscreen 'needed to dry', and dove under and held your breath.

After a little while, Wasabi moved away and you started swimming back up for air.

You were jerked back as you felt your swimsuit was caught on something. You turned your head to see it had gotten caught on the vent at the bottom and you couldn't just pull it because your swimsuit would rip.

You struggled to get yourself free while you fought your lungs to allow you to go without oxygen a little longer.

Suddenly, you felt your body could take no more and your mouth opened, allowing water inside your lungs. The chlorine burned your throat and nose, and you were powerless as you felt yourself being weighed down.

I'm drowning. It finally kicked in and you thrashed wildly to get someone's attention or to possibly get free, but it was no use.

You felt yourself give up and slowly relax as a tired feeling took you over and into what felt like an eternal sleep.

___________________________

Above the water, Tadashi watched his friends have fun while he waited for the drying sunscreen.

He looked at the spot you had disappeared to a short time ago then frowned. It had already been several minutes. There was no way you could've held your breath that long.

"(Y/N)?" He called out, not sure if you would be able to hear him. He gulped as one of your hands rose to the top of the water and floated lifelessly. "(Y/N)? Are you okay?"

He finally realized there was something very wrong and quickly pulled off his shirt, jumping into the water.

He dove under to you where he saw your eyes closed and you taking small breaths, allowing the water into your lungs. He pulled on you then found the problem and unknotted your swimsuit from the vent, pulling you to the surface.

He came up and laid you on the side of the pool, pushing himself out and next to you. "Guys!" He yelled, getting everyone's attention. "It's (Y/N)! She needs help!"

All of your friends quickly swam over and jumped out to gather around you and started frantically speaking.

"What do we do?!" Wasabi panicked.

"Come on, (Y/N)," GoGo furiously pushed on your stomach. "Woman up and get through this."

"Oh my gosh," Honey Lemon worriedly twirled her hair.

"This not make Freddy happy. Not make Freddy happy," Fred whimpered.

"Okay, we can do this...How do we do this?" Hiro made a face as he tried to remember revival techniques.

"I know CPR," Tadashi quietly admitted.

"Do it!" Everyone screamed.

Tadashi carefully bent down to lean over you, pinching the bridge of your nose before pressing his lips against yours and providing precious oxygen. "You can do it, (Y/N)," he mumbled.

He repeated the process over and over, never losing hope. "Please, (Y/N). Don't you dare die on me."

"Tadashi, I-"

"No!" He snapped at the others, turning back to you. "I'm not giving up on you, (Y/N)," he whispered. "Please, don't go. I love you."

You felt your eyes slowly flutter open as air returned to your lungs and you slowly pressed your lips back against his. "(Y/N)?" Tadashi's face broke into a wide grin as he felt you moving.

He pulled away as you coughed up water and the others helped pat your back to get it out of your system.

"Thank God," Tadashi breathed. "I thought I lost you." He pulled you to him and tightly embraced you. The others grinned at each other and stepped back to give you space.

"I'm not going anywhere, Tadashi," you smiled. "And by the way," you giggled. "I love you, too."