Chapter 24 (Clay's P.O.V)

After I give Zander some blood and he his leg heals. We start to walk towards one of my main rival's territory. I don't like doing this, but we have to in order for us to get our mate back. I hate the idea of a shared mate. It actually worked out pretty well, not that I think about it, and I'm sure that Zander agrees with that statement.

Having entered their territory was a awful choice. It was a trap. I yell, "Run away from here, Zander and go get Tomas. I need you to make sure he's safe." I manage to get out what I wanted to say before I get hit in the side by the beta. 'Damn...' I think, 'these betas are getting stronger with each one I meet...' I quickly change into my wolf form and bite at the beta.

I hope Zander is safe and away from harm. I see him running towards the enterence, being chased by 10 wolves. 'Damn it...' I run faster, and turn around right before the enterence. I snarl at the wolves. They can tell I'm an alpha. This gives me a bit of an advantage against the betas. I howl loudly, hoping my pack can here me from here.

I run towards the boundary between our tertories, trying to get across so I'm not fair game anymore. Itt would be very bad if I went down. I am the only leader in my pack. Neither of my mates are like me... they can't lead the pack like I can.

Well, now that I think about it, Tomas might be able to. He did live around others like me. They were family to him since his parents wern't. I don't think I could put that burden on them. While I was pre-occupied with my thoughts, I got hit in the side by something. I whimper loudly and look around quickly.

Falling to the ground, just inside the tree lines of their terriortory, I know what hit me. This isnt going to be good. I quickly stumble to my feet and winch in pain as I put pressure on my left hine leg. I try my best to cross the tree line. I just barely make it before my enemy catches up go me. I go a few feet past the line and collapse to the ground, still conscious, but in major pain.

I look to see what I got hit with. I got hit with a bullet in the muscle of my thigh. It hurts, but I'm glad its not the bone. I howl again before I pass out from the pain.