Chapter 11

I woke up in the hospital with my arm in a cast.

"Harry are you okay?" I look over at my mum who looks like she hasn't slept in days.

"H-How long was I out?" I asked sleepily. Soon I felt the pain in my hand and in my head.

"Only a few hours sweetheart. Now get some rest you need it."

It had been a few days since I last saw Gemma. Mum said she was with a friend. She was scared to come back because she didn't want Jake to find her. She hasn't been at school for three days. I've been home trying to recollect what happened.

"What you did was really brave you know. I'm proud of you protecting your sister like that."

"Mum did I kill him?" She sat there for moment before answering.

"No. He's in the hospital with a broken nose, rib, and arm. But don't worry about him. I'll go get you some soup."

After she left I tore of my blankets. I had a fair amount of bruises. But I felt no guilt for what I did. Of course it hurt me to know I hurt Gemma and frightened my mother, but Jake deserved it. I hopped up and walked over to the mirror. I saw a little weak nerd. But I didn't want to be weak anymore.

I threw down my glasses and tossed my sweaters. I found the black jacket my uncle gave me a few years back as a gift. I went and stole some of Gemma's jeans and ran fingers through my hair. I always combed it back, rarely had it curly and messy.

But I wasn't the same anymore. I was becoming....dark.